What are these Magnum wheels worth?

All those different damn Mopar wheels, their mix and matching of trim rings, hubs, etc, and their multi nomenclatures confuse even the experts

< Sent from my tablet >

No wonder Chrysler was always on the brink of going broke. Imagine all the designers and engineers they had drawing up all these slightly different variations of things, plus the tooling cost to actually produce them.

Plus the the guy in charge of assigning part numbers and creating a Bill of Materials List....
None of them made it to retirement. They all ended up in the loony bin.

The ones on the Magnum are not Chrysler Cordoba 300 edition wheels, went back and started checking ,they were an option on Magnum's and use a unique center cap, Below is the magnum Center cap VS the 300 Center cap.

Magnum:

300:

Magnum Brochure, Which I find interesting "Styled Aluminum Road wheels with trim ring"

Last edited:
Its exactly the same wheel and centre cap...the only difference between them is the decals on the centre cap...everything else is identical. They were also optional on the R bodies.

No wonder Chrysler was always on the brink of going broke. Imagine all the designers and engineers they had drawing up all these slightly different variations of things, plus the tooling cost to actually produce them.

I would be more inclined to blame management and not their products or engineering.

GM had a different engine for each make of their vehicles for decades... Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac and Chevy... Some had left starters on the left, and some on the right???

Ford had a 427, a 428 and a 429 and all completely different engines and all within a short period of time.

Mopars B/RB engines started in '58 and ran until '78 in all their makes...

The LA engines started in '64 with the 273 and ran until 2003 when the 3rd generation Hemi was introduced.

The left-hand threads on the left side of a vehicle is actually a good idea as rotational forces will tend to loosen lugs with RH threads on the left side of a vehicle. Many makes used them in the past and there are millions of trucks and buses out there still using them.

Back