What C body Bob does for fun

Stan incidentally I was at the hardware store today. One of the guys that works there told me he was moving. Guess where? Sebring Fl. LOL. He bought a house on the lake that was built in the 1940's. He said he got a real good deal & plans on moving later on in the year. Apparently his mom has been there for 20 or so years.

What the hell are the odds of that?
What the hell were the odds that a car I bought from a lady in Indiana was moving to Sebring.
Sebring is not at the end of the world.
That's the next town over.

Incidently, it sounds like they are moving to Lakeview Drive, a very exclusive area. I would love to live there.

What the hell were the odds that a car I bought from a lady in Indiana was moving to Sebring.
Sebring is not at the end of the world.
That's the next town over.

Incidently, it sounds like they are moving to Lakeview Drive, a very exclusive area. I would love to live there.

You're neighborhood doesn't look too shabby either.

I truly have found Paradise here. I hope the rest of the world doesn't discover it.
From how he talked, I'm guessing about 150k (or less?), so I don't know how exclusive of the place he bought is. I'll ask him for some better location details next time. He said the population was around 40,000 people in Sebring when his Mom moved in about 20 years ago, and said it was around 100,000 now. You know I'm just kidding around about the cheap comment btw.

That's bullshit. The entire population for the entire Highlands County is 96,000. Highlands County alone is about 1/2 the size of the entire state of NJ. Three towns cover 10% of the County with the other 90% unincorporated. The population density is roughly equal to Montana. Sebring itself has a population of about 9,000 spread out over an area the size of Manhattan. $150k on Lakeview? I'm sure it's one of the early bungalows. Hope he likes sleeping 5 ft. away from his mother.

Posted via Topify on Android

C body Bob is sad.....I have been looking forward to getting the car out all week. The forecast was looking very good 58 degrees & 10 % chance of rain. Then as the weekend approached the forecast got iffy. And yesterday (Saturday) it rained all day & down right down poured for much of the night. I knew it was a bad sign. And yes this morning they are forecasting 60 % chance of rain for much of the day. I installed new super stock springs & adjustable shocks at all 4 corners along with a few other tweaks. And am very confident the car will be quicker. Expecting a 10th quicker. Seems like every weekend I have time to play with the car it rains. So I guess I will unload her & put her back in mothball. I have a ton of money tied up in the car, spare parts, trailer, & hauler. Not to mention all the hard work I put in on her. Really bummed out right now.

Better race days are in the days ahead my friend......

Possibly snow flurries tonight here in the People's Republic of Maryland.

Better race days are in the days ahead my friend......

Possibly snow flurries tonight here in the People's Republic of Maryland.

Yea I pulled the radar up & it showed a band of snow making its way across Virginia. Its been raining here all morning.

Once I hit the 40 year service mark with my current employer I'll make a decision. Retirement will likely be a relative term and some contract work might be in cards. Just not enough to keep me from cruising and working on my old rides. Preparing now for that time. Next little project will be to enclose the carport and integrate it with the existing single car garage. Plan is to insulate and heat both to make them a year round space.

Back