What C body Bob does for fun

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Haven't had much time in the last year or so to get her out. Looks like this sunday she will get a chance to streach her legs at Piedmont dragway test n tune in Burlington, NC. Any C body fans nearby are welcome to come to the track & meet me.

1788 satellite.jpg

69 satellite VMP 006.jpg

farm burn out 10-13.jpg

Very cool, engine, mods, ETs??????

Thanks Jake. Well you want believe it. I bought this car from a junk yard where I worked part time in aug. 1986. Got the 318 running & drove it on the street for a couple of years. Then decided to drag race it. Got busy with career (dealership parts mgr) & moved twice so it sat in storage for 10 plus years. Still has the original 318 engine in it. Mild cam, headers, intake yada, yada, yada....904 manual vb, 4.10 gear with spool, glass hood & bumpers. Best eight mile et was 8.47 at Rockingham Mopar event last year. Best quarter mile et was 13.7 something at Virginia Motorsports park about 3 years ago. Its just a toy. Gets out about 8 - 10 times a year.

That cool Bob. Is that a turq interior?

Thanks tall. The interior has been gutted & was originally painted 1977 Chrysler color "French racing blue". Kinda baby blue. However over the years it has been touched up with a very close matching rattle can color. The exterior is ...er... GM fleet white. Hey it was free.

Very impressive performance for a 318.

I'm having flashbacks of my 69 Super Bee and having 2nd thoughts about finding a basket case B-Body and putting together a weekend go fast warrior.

Very impressive performance for a 318.

I'm having flashbacks of my 69 Super Bee and having 2nd thoughts about finding a basket case B-Body and putting together a weekend go fast warrior.

You only live once....I say go for it!

I'm going to retire in about 3 years and that will be the perfect sunset plan....cruising my C's and racing the B.

I'm going to retire in about 3 years and that will be the perfect sunset plan....cruising my C's and racing the B.
A few years before my retirement, I started drawing up plans for a 41 Willys gasser...
It will never happen now.

Go for it, Bob. Pursue it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I've learned from many of my retired friends...

Get everything in place before you retire.....you can fine tune and mod after retirement.

Yep, I've learned from many of my retired friends...

Get everything in place before you retire.....you can fine tune and mod after retirement.

I have also learned from some of MY retired friends. They said: "I should never have retired. . ." I think I'll keep going until I can't anymore. . .

Back