What color should i paint my 67 sport fury

The 67 Sports Fury I had in my teens was yellow, my best friend had the "artic blue" I always liked that color it looked "classy" day or night.

I was looking at the B5 blue an i think that would look good with some magnum 500 rims an some BFG radials.

Dark turquoise / orig steel wheels in body color or torqtrust D and redlines :thumbsup:

My answer to such a question is always the same: it's your car; paint it whatever you want.

Yeah Snotty i know i been looking at all the colors an leaning towards a blue with that white interior just wanted some other opinions on it. an thanks everyone for the help.

It was an original yellow car but its already been striped an i don't like the yellow at all so i'm thinking medium blue. I love the car an i'm going to try an keep as much of it original as i can but i just dont like them in yellow. So dont give me a hard time about it. (all the nut a bolt purist) lol

I hope you realize that if you change the color, and do it right, you will effectively double the cost of a paint job. Almost a total disassembly of the car, stripping the original finish, replacing all the weather strips and seals. All very labor intensive. Then you can double the cost of materials. Correctly done... your looking at $8K plus.
Plus your going from a lovely and seldom seen color to one just like everyone else has.
Food for thought.

I hope you realize that if you change the color, and do it right, you will effectively double the cost of a paint job. Almost a total disassembly of the car, stripping the original finish, replacing all the weather strips and seals. All very labor intensive. Then you can double the cost of materials. Correctly done... your looking at $8K plus.
Plus your going from a lovely and seldom seen color to one just like everyone else has.
Food for thought.

Will: What you say is true, except I don't think a correctly done paint job - like you describe - could be done for anywhere near $8K. I think it would cost at least double that amount and maybe more.

Food for thought.

Will: What you say is true, except I don't think a correctly done paint job - like you describe - could be done for anywhere near $8K. I think it would cost at least double that amount and maybe more.

I agree that a color change (done right) is always more money, but I also agree with Rip that it's gonna be more than $8k.

It was an original yellow car but its already been striped an i don't like the yellow at all so i'm thinking medium blue. I love the car an i'm going to try an keep as much of it original as i can but i just dont like them in yellow. So dont give me a hard time about it. (all the nut a bolt purist) lol
IMHO, I kinda like the yellow, but it is your car.

Since you want to stay with the '67 colors, I'd suggest going to one of the turquoise colors listed. I had a Q5 turquoise A12 Roadrunner that always got compliments on the color. Blue is nice, but it's just another blue car.

Turbine bronze is a really nice alternative too.

Stay with colors that aren't often seen. Make the car stand out. Darker colors are harder to keep clean and show dust more. Just a consideration.

The car is going to be a driver that's what I want. I don't have the funds to do a high dollar restoration on it. just want a cool 60's car to work on an enjoy for years to come. So with that said when it gets painted the windshield an back glass will not be coming out an I won't be painting the engine bay yet. One day i plan on getting the engine re-built an i will get the engine bay painted then. for now tho just get it looking decent an back on the road where it has not been or seen in over 10 years. an where I live I have never seen a Plymouth Fury on the Road much less there being to many blue ones.

The car is going to be a driver that's what I want. I don't have the funds to do a high dollar restoration on it. just want a cool 60's car to work on an enjoy for years to come. So with that said when it gets painted the windshield an back glass will not be coming out an I won't be painting the engine bay yet. One day i plan on getting the engine re-built an i will get the engine bay painted then. for now tho just get it looking decent an back on the road where it has not been or seen in over 10 years. an where I live I have never seen a Plymouth Fury on the Road much less there being to many blue ones.
In that case, think about another color. There is some expense in having a paint mixed to match a '67 whatever. Price it out and you may be surprised what "factory pack" colors cost over custom mixes.

Ok I will look into that thanks. I like the light Blue but around where I live every time I went somewhere everybody would talk about Richard Petty lol

I like that Turquoise but i'm not much on the bronze.
Light turquoise and white is a nice combo:rolleyes::rolleyes:

upload_2020-12-2_14-27-40.jpeg

Last edited:
You can paint it any color you want to. I used to have a '68 sportfully droptop and I had nothing but problems with the electrical , I had to rebuild the front end a couple of time and after I got rid of it I found out the frame was cracked in 3 places .I guess it was a good thing I got rid of it . The last I have seen the car it was being towed behind a wrecker that was back in 1997 and I have not seen it since.

thanks for the color chart rapidtrans. Do you think the 8 Mediterranean blue would be the closest to the 70's b5 blue.

Ok I will look into that thanks. I like the light Blue but around where I live every time I went somewhere everybody would talk about Richard Petty lol
Acrylic Enamel Paint

Just to give some perspective. A gallon of red in single stage enamel will cost you $130 from these guys. Red is usually the most expensive.

Granted, not base coat/clear coat, but for a driver, it's hard to beat.

I've always sent my cars to the paint shop with all the trim and bumpers off. That saves some $$ and the shops always seem to lose the hardware anyway. Consider doing under the hood and such yourself. It's not rocket surgery and a cheap Harbor Fright gun will get the job done.

My oldest son and I painted my late son's truck in the driveway with Rustoleum and it looked good from 20 feet. Not that I'm suggesting it, just saying it all doesn't have to been done at a $100 an hour shop.

NsY8OMA.jpg

4GFQnZx.jpg

Back