What did you do to your C-body today....

Often times in for sale ads, the seller has just washed the car to make it look better, and leaves the hose in the picture frame. So people call out the hose.

I tackled a couple of projects this past weekend. I worked on removing stick-on wood grain applique some douche nozzle stuck to the dash of my '66 300 convertible. Was hoping it would just peel off, but no-bueno. I'll hafta repaint the entire dash.

I also finished up re-furbbing a set of Road Wheels I picked up from @sixpkrt. Thanks again, Tim.

View attachment 449627

View attachment 449628

View attachment 449629

View attachment 449630

I really need a set of trim rings for these wheels. I doubt if anyone here has a decent set of originals, so I'm open to suggestions as to aftermarket rings.
Murray had a real good set that bought from him last year.. give him a shout.

It was take your convert to work Sunday.
Then out and about for a few hours of things that just don’t get done during the week.

CC2D4DE2-5078-4E28-839F-A1E9F8097C04.jpeg

Swapped old oil and filters for new in the Monacos. Put the starter back in the four speed.

Was planning on making timing and carb adjustments, but instead spent the better part of the morning chasing electrical problems that caused the engine to barely turn over. Ended up taking the starter apart and found that a soldered connection in the ignition feed had come apart. Now it cranks and starts like a dream again.

Didn't do anything on the Imperial or the Coronet, but I did install a new Champion aluminum radiator in my D100, along with new coolant, a new air filter, oil/filter change, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Adjusted timing a little. Haven't had time for a test run yet, but it starts much better and idles perfectly.

Often times in for sale ads, the seller has just washed the car to make it look better, and leaves the hose in the picture frame. So people call out the hose.
My favorite is when they hose down a car with crapped out paint and immediately take pictures so it looks glossy - but of course it is sitting in a big puddle!

My favorite is when they hose down a car with crapped out paint and immediately take pictures so it looks glossy - but of course it is sitting in a big puddle!

And. . . The flippers will often hose down the car even before they roll it off their trailer - having just stolen it from some deceased poor soul's estate.

Pulled out the heater cleaned and lubed the parts put the unit back together. Hopefully back in tomorrow and replace the attena.

Cleaned and adjusted my backup light switch. It didn’t want to make contact all the time. First Jumped the connector to make sure the lights were working. Nice and bright. Then put the ohmmeter on the switch. You could see it flicker but couldn’t quit get to stop where it had continuity. Took it off sprayed the hell out of it with carb cleaner than contact cleaner. Was able to get some continuity. Re-installed it and re-adjusted. Works good now.
53E353B9-2AF3-4D12-BD5B-7D234968AAE2.jpeg
6BF8FA63-DC2B-42EE-887E-908D0A8D66AC.jpeg

Just received McGoldy back from the Mankato shop in time for nice Easter weekend. Miscellaneous engine work and an exterior buff done by them. I have some interior work to do next couple days and waiting for a donor rear spring/hinged license plate holder coming from Murray P. any day.

20210401_095748.jpg
20210401_095446.jpg

imperial 1970 crown.jpg

Bought this one 2 weeks ago , made here run again on the carb , tomorrow i will put in the new carpet.... ( 1970 crown coupe , only 254 made .)

Congratulations on the new addition!

is that duct tape on the inside of the driver’s side front rim?
Yes , the caps were in the trunk.......maybe they were afraid they fall of.....

Back