What gears to run?

68bbwagon

Reaction score
Im looking into buying a new suregrip and I want to know what the best gear for it to run 65-75 on the interstate at low rpms, yet have some nice get up and go at the stop light. But I also go on some long trips to some big car shows like 600+ miles.

3.23 would be my first choice.

the 3:23's are going to be best on the interstate with respect to your green light starts... the 3:55's will eat up the mileage on the highway a bit more

This is my first car im building so I'm just trying to make it nice and reliable yet a little sporty. So thanks everyone who commented!

3.55 will make the car a lot more fun around town. If you want gas mileage then you bought the wrong car. 3.55 for sure.

Don't listen to Stormer. He wants to make every car Fast & Furious.

< Sent from my tablet >

I've had 3.23's in previous cars. You'll be very satisfied with them.

3.23s here as well.. Be prepared to pay for them though... Seems like everyone in the mopar world wants them as well.

3,23 are fine
If yo want to have fun around town: 4,11.
But that has nothing to do with gasmileage

4.56's are fun streetlight to streetlight............not practical in a C body.

I just want to be able to run on the interstate at 75 without having really high rpms. I've been doing some research and I will definitely have to pay for a suregrip with 3.23's. Anyone wanna make some donations haha

Why is it so important you have a Sure-grip?
Drive in snow a lot? Doing burnouts at the track? I bet you're not.
Other than that, an open rear (watch it!!!!! :argue: ) works fine 99% of the time, are less prone to problems, and there's a ton of 3.21 open gears out there.
Personal opinion? You don't need it.

Why is it so important you have a Sure-grip?
Drive in snow a lot? Doing burnouts at the track? I bet you're not.
Other than that, an open rear (watch it!!!!! :argue: ) works fine 99% of the time, are less prone to problems, and there's a ton of 3.21 open gears out there.
Personal opinion? You don't need it.
Correct. Open gears right here. When its snows badly (like today) it's tucked into the garage....no way any fish tailing happening in there.

My car has had some motor work done to it. Ported polished heads, cam, good intake and carb, going to have a new and better torque converter and headers and exhaust soon. I would like to do some burnouts in it.

Back