What header choices are there for a 66 Fury with poly 318?

You want what you want..............some of us want 78 NYB's and some of us want 4 speeds in formals...this guy wants to keep his original engine with headers :dontknow:
Actually the deal is this, this car was my Dad's pride and joy, even more than his 440 Volare, and he talked about doing 1 of 2 things to the car, 1.) beef up the still low miles poly motor with just basic carb, intake, small cam and good dual exhaust (with headers) or 2.) drop a stock 440 in it and go from there. We kinda gathered parts over time as we came across them for both options, but he wanted whatever we did to be mostly stock appearing. Well, he got sick a couple of years ago and passed and I inherited the Fury and the Volare and I'm feeling out parts availability for the Fury to do what he had wanted to do, but he really was leaning toward keeping the 318, so, thats where I am on this, just weighing my options. Thanks again.
Ken.

Sentimental reason for keeping the 318 poly trumps a 440 swap!

:eek:ccasion14:

Surely you can find headers for a 318. Do yourself a favor & buy them ceramic coated or send them off to be coated. Headers don't have to be a PITA.

I say we keep him.
Hmmm.. 440 Volare. My kinda guy. Wish I had known him.

So, lets move on shall we. This is my Dad's 66 Fury III followed by his 79 440 Volare drag car. I have a 68 300 that was a gift from my Dad, and I also raced a 67 Dart 2dr post with stroker SB...hence my screen name. When we werent at a cruise or show with the "boats" we were racing together. I miss him.
mymopes4.jpg

Volare-1.jpg

Nice cars....i still get to hang with dad but he has no need for speed.....i appreciate every moment

You might try your local small muffler shop, They do a good job cause it might bring in work in a mighty tight money time-- like now. ask for price if you want them wraped or powdercoated, or how big and long you want them plus tell them that you want to keep your manifolds. Be explicit in it and maybe a few a few referances on the work they have done. maybe go to a few car shows and ask around. I put them on my first 318 and again several times throught the years It does help on some hp, and then work up when money or your wants increase. oh yea I am working on that 57 up in the cotner It will not be stock this time around either

Last edited:
Do you have pictures of the 300, or at least some details please...?

Let me know what you'd like to know or see. Its a fairly low optioned car, no power seats or windows. 350 HP 440. its wearing 66 hubcaps, dont know why. Garaged all of it life. Heres a few pix.
3005.jpg

3006.jpg

30014.jpg

30012.jpg

Damn I love the 68's, I am a fuselage guy but the 68 three hundred is something amazing

That's a excellent 300! The engine compartment is very nice.

Back