What is this part?

Yep, couldn't agree more. At least we had the decency to stop running them when he died....

I had to google the name to find out who this dude was, DAAAAAMN!! dude had HUGE titanium balls for sure. I love the get up he wore. I wish America still had guys like that running around these days. Man I really missed a good party.

yes, I've probably heard the name in passing before, don't know when or where.....never thought to google him. Christ you were only 10 or so when he was popular right??

knievel 10[2].jpgHear is one of my all time favorite toys growing up. I was probably 7 or 8 when I got it. It was an event every time he was on TV. I think he was usually on the Wide World of Sports (look that one up too). I can remember that the jumps must have been live, because my Mom would tell me that what he was doing was very dangerous and he could die.

knievel 10[2].jpg

THAT's cool. Here's one of mine, although it was not a car.....

Played with this thing in my room for hours a day when I wasn't in school...wish I still had it.

star_bird.jpg

My cousin had one of those wind up deals. Yep, I remember watching Evil on wide world of sports.

It was pretty sad seeing him at the end of his life. He was a real mess physically.

If he had the suspension of today's bikes, I don't know what he could have done. It seemed rare that he didn't crash after a jump. We will never see someone take the risks that he did, without the aid of a computer and a superior bike. I don't know how he didn't kill himself.

THAT's cool. Here's one of mine, although it was not a car.....

Played with this thing in my room for hours a day when I wasn't in school...wish I still had it.

I had to look up the Star Bird. It definitely took advantage of Star Wars influences, but I find it interesting because today nothing is made that doesn’t have a direct movie reference.

I had to look up the Star Bird. It definitely took advantage of Star Wars influences, but I find it interesting because today nothing is made that doesn’t have a direct movie reference.

Yeah...Star Wars toys and rip offs were big during my adolescence....he'll they still are. Oh to be George Lucas.

Wow, our toys when I ws growing up were BB guns, wooden clothes pins holding playing cards hitting the spokes of our bikes, and we had lead paint chips for snacks.

I may have only been 10 but I remember all that stuff .....

I remember the late sixties too whats your point?

I saw E.K. jump a tank full of sharks in Chicago in 1975 on this H.D.

evel20_1.jpg

Yep, he was a big promotion for H.D. (Milwaukee) so all of his jumps were highly advertised and on the local news. Yep, I was there with my brother, I was 20 then. He jumped buses in Milwaukee several times seen all but one of them.

WyTF is that so hard understand??? No I didn't grow up on Howdy Doody or goddamn Frosted flakes ok...can't stay 1951 forever.

NO?? :crybaby2: Why? :icon_sad:
Ya know, Pamela keeps swearing at me about the same thing. Only she's been listening to me whine for almost 30 years. And she's getting sick of hearing how I held on to my rotary dial phone with dear life.

Last edited:
Back