What model is this originally from?

Polara_500

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Bought this console many (many) years ago for future usage and I'm curious what it is originally from - Chrysler, Dodge, or Plymouth. I know it's 65 vintage, just not which specific car line.
Thanks,
Mike

DSCN4023.JPG

DSCN4021.JPG

Thanks all. Kinda thought it may be Chrysler but wasn't sure. Anyone ever seen a 65 Dodge with the Performance Indicator to know what their top plate looked like? Did it have the same type details as the auto or 4 speed plates?

'65 Polara
roofj4.jpg

'65 Fury
s-l1600 (1).jpg

I don't know that you could get a Performance Indicator in '65, I think you could only get a tach. The top plates were the same whether you got a tach or not. If you didn't get a tach there was just a plate in it's place.
The 4-speeds plates were similar to the autos, but not exactly the same. I couldn't find a good picture of a 4-speed plate.

Yeah, I've seen the standard auto/4 speed plates for a 65 Dodge w/or without a tach, just never seen one with a vacuum gauge. The gauge in this console would not work with either of those Dodge plates, yet this is from a 65 Chrysler so it should have been available in a Dodge also........ Guess it's time to try dig out all the literature.

All of the '65 Polara top plates that I have ever seen have the round hole, and there is no listing in the parts book for a top plate for a vacuum gauge(performance indicator), only a tach. You having a '65 Polara 500 made me wonder about that question. Now I understand the question.

Sorry 'bout that, sometimes I'm not making myself understood near as clearly as I think I am. Maybe I'll use it anyway, just so I can get the purists' panties all up in a bunch.

That's me - while the only thing (so far) not year correct on the car is the wheels, there's a whole lot of it that didn't leave the factory this way. So.........why not do the same with the other one also? This is just a wee bit more obvious than most of my alterations.

I like the '65 Chrysler console, but the '64-5 Polara console is the best looking console I have seen. IMO

Well then, Yatzee just posted a couple pics on another thread showing that console plate in a 65 although I don't know for sure that it's original.........

Sorry 'bout that, sometimes I'm not making myself understood near as clearly as I think I am
I have the same problem. We just think too fast and only about 10% (in my case) comes out. I get a lot of confused looks from people.

You wouldn't happen to have a '66 console laying around, would you?

Well, the 65 Data Book doesn't mention any Performance Indicator as available, just the optional Tachometer.

65 Data pp60.jpg

65 Data pp61.jpg

Back