What other brand cars has your car been misstaken for??

Glad I started this thread!! Yeah, whenever I drive the car I'm always having people drive by giving the "thumbs UP". Which is OK, but people are even doing it on the interstate when everyone's driving 75 mph or so! Don't need distractions at that speed!!

Anyway, the funny thing is I NEVER brought the car because I wanted to attract any kind of attention. I brought the car because I wanted an old Mopar again and because these old Mopes are so reliable (once you get any issues straightened out). Also, I'm basically a shy guy and really don't want to attract attention. When I get all this attention, I wish I was a much younger guy rather than the gray hearded 60 something person I am.

Wow, the Custom 880 is beautiful! I don't recall ever seeing one before. Tell them that 880 stands for dual 440's :D

Air Pollution Patrol - CLUNKBUCKET

Here is a picture...
JohnSwansonAirPolution.jpg

Alan

Slightly incomplete
ARB_02.JPG
Two_Polaras_01.JPG

A big full-sized V8 sedan out patrolling for polluters.
Anybody see something ironic, here?

Well, not quite. They were patrolling for gross polluters on the road. Cars spewing obvious smoke out the tailpipe. Do you not recall cars on the road back in the 60's and 70's trailing a plume of blue smoke out the tailpipe? I certainly do and some being quite dramatic. One should note there was no annual smog check during that decade. I also believe these were all 318 cars.

Found it. Have to say Google can be quite useless at times. When I put in 1973 I got a lot of links to the US House of Representatives. The rest was CA ARB patrol car. It was under BAAPCD for Bay Area Pollution Control District.

Found it. Have to say Google can be quite useless at times. When I put in 1973 I got a lot of links to the US House of Representatives. The rest was CA ARB patrol car. It was under BAAPCD for Bay Area Pollution Control District.

I'm sorry, but that poor fella would get shot his first day out these days... unarmed and without defensive protocols... the gold tooth, wear your colors crowd wouldn't even get street credit for the kill.

I'm sorry, but that poor fella would get shot his first day out these days... unarmed and without defensive protocols... the gold tooth, wear your colors crowd wouldn't even get street credit for the kill.

Catflip, here is a piece of trivia. The inspector in the car was still working in 2009 and retired at the age of 86 as per John the owner of the car.

The inspector in the video still worked for us, when I was building my car...and was a wealth of information on the cars & the whole program! He is the one pictured with my car on my Facebook overhead picture!

He was also our oldest working inspector...until retiring at 86. He was already like 49 when he came to work for us in 1973, as a patrol officer. He had quite a career in other law enforcement agencies, including being a deputy US Marshall for awhile.

Have you had your Polara out lately???

Catflip, here is a piece of trivia. The inspector in the car was still working in 2009 and retired at the age of 86 as per John the owner of the car.
Thanks... I stand corrected. I suppose they wanted to appear friendly in the video. I don't recall ever seeing a LEO approach an unknown car that casually.

I often get the "what year Lincoln is that? which for a '67 is understandable. I reply with "I know it's time for the front end on the Imperial needs work when it starts handling like a Lincoln......"

What a incredible waste of time and energy. Yet another form of welfare they should have just sold the cars and wrote the check for him to stay home.

For Me I get "Monte Carlo" or "Grand Prix"

Everytime I take the cordoba out, its always a "Monte", or hey nice CordoVa. Atleast they get part of it right I guess.

Its amazing how many people used to have one with a souped up 350, or 455....

The Monaco is usually "the dukes of hazzard car", or "the old Mayberry car".

I've even had an Irate guy approach me at a gas station in OH years ago telling me I'm not old enough to know what the Blues Brothers is, and how dare I have that car. When I told him I built it, he got more aggravated, jumped in his car, and left lol.

The bluesmobile really brings out some strange charecters..

Well shoot, you still coming down in November?? We can sit in it, and make vroom vroom noises in the driveway haha

It wasn't a C body but one guy thought my new K car was a Cadillac! He was 3ft from the big RELIANT badge on the deck lid. Should have sold it to him right there!

Back