What other brand cars has your car been misstaken for??

Batmobile
image.jpeg

Bought a new vehicle last night. In the finance room I showed a picture of my Newport to the woman. She said, "What is that, an Impala?"

I was at a demolition derby last night, and was having a conversation about how certain cars are completely forgotten within a generation. Newports are a perfect example of that. Some others would be diplomats, imperials, mustang II, pacers, and delta 88s.

Everyone knew what a Bonneville or "Deuce and a quarter" was too. Car names had a ring to them. MKX or CTS just don't cut it.
i.m.o. anyway.

Everyone knew what a Bonneville or "Deuce and a quarter" was too. Car names had a ring to them. MKX or CTS just don't cut it.
i.m.o. anyway.

You can't tell them apart anyway. I used to play games of recognizing cars as a kid ... even side glances of something in a yard at speed. year/make/model. Just doesn't work anymore.

I used to drive around looking for cars or on a road trip circle back to talk to someone with the signs of "this car is my sons but it's been sitting here ... "

I despise many cars names today. What the Hell is a Fit? Prius? Volt? And the use of meaningless numbers and letters. At one time they might have determined something, like the 300TD was a 5 cylinder, 3.0 liter diesel station wagon(That's what the TD signified.). But the other day I saw a Q45 - someone please tell me what I am supposed to know by that????

:mad:

But the other day I saw a Q45 - someone please tell me what I am supposed to know by that????
Funny you asked...
I bought a Q45.
This is the truth: The Q was selected because of its inference to the Q-boats of WW II. To get the inference, Google it.

45 because, of course, it was a 4.5L.

But the other day I saw a Q45 - someone please tell me what I am supposed to know by that????

:mad:

I think it's a code for the recycling center, like the ones they put on other plastic trash.
54ff2a120ff0b-plastic-recycling-symbols-2-lg.jpg

Another picture of my friend's car with the officer who was in the original video posted above.

Ken Jensen - original Vehicle Patrol Inspector, after 35-years on the job! Note Ken is also in the original 1973 video clip, behind the car too.

2224_1084648163136_2795_n.jpg

You can't tell them apart anyway. I used to play games of recognizing cars as a kid ... even side glances of something in a yard at speed. year/make/model. Just doesn't work anymore.

I used to drive around looking for cars or on a road trip circle back to talk to someone with the signs of "this car is my sons but it's been sitting here ... "

We played that game too on family vacations. We would break it down by year also. Try that today. Plus everything is silver and looks the same.

Back