What other cars would '67 Newport Conv. windshield be an exact match for?

MoPar~Man

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what other C-bodies would be compatible with a windshield from a '67 Newport convertible.

Are the windshields for '67 interchangable? Regardless if 2-dr, 4-dr, convertible or station wagon? Or at least the 2-doors ?

Good question MoparMan. I ran into a similar issue with my 6-window Town Sedan after a defective wiper arm put a serious gouge in the windshield. Seems the two-door windshield doesn't cross with the Sedan, and neither does the Vert glass. I came to understand that the glass for the sedans is taller than for the Fasttops and Verts, and nobody makes it any more.

Fortunately, I had a guy come out and he was able to polish out the scratch. He did a fabulous job for $200, and I tipped him $40.

Here's a list of Chrysler NAGS numbers, see post #13...

Glass interchangability
I'm looking at post #18 in that thread. It's for 1968, I'm looking for 1967, but ok.

Looking at that list, it has 6 sections.

1'st section: Dart shares same windshield P/N as Valiant for some models, Dart shares same P/N as Baracuda for other models, but Baracuda shares NO P/N's with Valiant (strange).

2'nd section: Belvedere (Satellite) shares same P/N's as Coronet (for conv's and coup's).

3'rd section: Fury, Monaco/Polara, all Chryslers, and Imperial (?) share same P/N's for 2dr, 4dr, wagon. Not looking at conv's here.

4'th section: P-M and P-H (what are those?) Y is Imperial

5'th section: P-P, P-S (what are those?) share P/N with D (Monaco/Polara) and C (Newport / 300 / NY) for 2-doors,
Fury, Polara/Monaco, the Chryslers, and Y-M (what is that?) share same P/N for 4-doors.

Somewhat confusing. What is "2 D." vs "2 D. H.T." ?

There are some D's and C's (Monaco's and Polara's and all 3 Chryslers) where some are 2D and others are 2DHT. Is 2D a coupe? I've never seen a 2D Monaco Coupe, only HT (ie fastback).

My take-away is that "D" seems to always be paired with "C", which means the Monaco / Polara / Newport / 300 / New Yorker windshields are interchangable given the same body style, but convertibles are interchangable only with 4-door models, not 2-door. Yes? or is this wrong?

But wait. How can there be a D 4D and a D 4D HT ?

Look at glass P/N 2664 426 and 2664 428. How are those cars different?

2664 428 is the same glass code for what cars exactly?

Do any of these glass codes match for 1967?

Summary of questions that arise from that list/table in post 18 - What are:

- Sp. 2D. H.T. (body style)
- P-M, P-H, P-P, P-S, Y-M, Y-H (car line / model)

Look at this:

and tell me if that single product number is compatible with all those cars, all those years (AND - I do not see 1967 Monaco 2dr in that list or the 2dr VIP !)

Last edited:
I'm looking at post #18 in that thread. It's for 1968, I'm looking for 1967, but ok.

1'st section: Dart shares same windshield P/N as Valiant for some models, Dart shares same P/N as Baracuda for other models, but Baracuda shares NO P/N's with Valiant (strange).

2'nd section: Belvedere (Satellite) shares same P/N's as Coronet (for conv's and coup's).

3'rd section: Fury, Monaco/Polara, all Chryslers, and Imperial (?) share same P/N's for 2dr, 4dr, wagon. Not looking at conv's here.

5'th section: P-P, P-S (what are those?) share P/N with D (Monaco/Polara) and C (Newport / 300 / NY) for 2-doors,
Fury, Polara/Monaco, the Chryslers, and Y-M (what is that?) share same P/N for 4-doors.

There are some D's and C's (Monaco's and Polara's and all 3 Chryslers) where some are 2D and others are 2DHT. Is 2D a coupe? I've never seen a 2D Monaco Coupe, only HT (ie fastback).

My take-away is that "D" seems to always be paired with "C", which means the Monaco / Polara / Newport / 300 / New Yorker windshields are interchangable given the same body style, but convertibles are interchangable only with 4-door models, not 2-door. Yes? or is this wrong?

Look at this:

and tell me if that single product number is compatible with all those cars, all those years (AND - I do not see 1967 Monaco 2dr in that list or the 2dr VIP !)
Short version is that the convertible windshield is shared with the 4Dr HT (no B pillar) across P,D,C lines.
The 4Dr sedan (with B pillar) is shared with the 2Dr sedan and station wagon, again across all lines.
The 657 appears to be correct for your application.

Last edited:
Stolen from anudder web forum..
Your glass guy can cross reference the gumbers to match.
Hope this helps..

1000001110.jpg

Look at this:

[/URL]

I can tell you why 67 valiant and barracuda do not share the same windscreen. All 67 variants were post sedans. 2 and 4 door. Taller windscreen. Dart 2 door hardtop had a shorter windscreen, which interchanged with barracuda hardtop and vert.

Just wondering what other C-bodies would be compatible with a windshield from a '67 Newport convertible.

Are the windshields for '67 interchangable? Regardless if 2-dr, 4-dr, convertible or station wagon? Or at least the 2-doors ?
2588883 tint, 2664428 clear. '65-8 C-body hardtop and convertible, except for the '67-8 Chrysler and Dodge 2dr HT, and the '67-8 Plymouth fast top and VIP. Sedans are different too.

Back