What shocks are best for my 66 Newport

They're popular but people report them. to be.a pain in the *** installing them. They are bigger.
My preference is Monroe OEM HD replacement.

I have KYBs on my '68 300 convertible and I'm very pleased with them, but I didn't install them myself so I can't comment on that.

KYB's are the best IMO. Front installation is tricky because they have to be compressed which is not easy. I paid to have it done but did the rears myself, they are simple.

The fronts will cause you to grunt and growl, some may even curse and throw tools, but they will go in and function wonderfully. The bottom ends of mine were a hair wider than what I took out and that caused some issued. Buy some really big zip ties to keep them compressed.

The rear springs on my 64 New Yorker are weak. Down about 3 inches. So, Monroe air shocks with 20 pounds psi are working well there. It will probably stay that way.

I used monroe HD on the front and monroe load assist, dont remember excactly what they were called, but they did have coil springs around. Road real well. I did have to raise torsion bars little to compensate for rear height difference.

This is what it looked like on level ground.

15C03A57-81C8-4F4F-B0FD-2F4535E4C327.jpeg

1D950554-F4D3-4221-A2E7-5828D8E7DC87.jpeg

Back