What should this hammer for?

Eddie you will fit in here just fine!
:thumbsup:

Now start a thread about all the good things you will do to it!

:popcorn:

Next spring. It's in line behind a 65 goat, the gold wagon in the photo and a 1950 m47. But I plan to show it next summer so I will be posting.

We are already expecting you at Carlisle in July:thumbsup:

Nice garage, have you figured out the "you suck" list yet?:welcome:You're on it.

Haven't found that list yet, but I am sure I belong on it.

I had half a plan to make Carlisle this year looking for wagon parts. 17 it will be necessary. I need parts.

The other thing would be that if you're in the market for a formal and someone is crazy enough to sell one at auction without a reserve, you should bid on it.

To be fair, the car was in Toronto. No one in Toronto is going to buy that car. That is why I went. As soon as I saw no reserve on that car, if it was close to decent I would take it home. All in with taxes and buyers premium it was only $1554 USD.

To be fair, the car was in Toronto. No one in Toronto is going to buy that car. That is why I went. As soon as I saw no reserve on that car, if it was close to decent I would take it home. All in with taxes and buyers premium it was only $1554 USD.

I was gonna ask if that was $1600 CDN :BangHead::BangHead:

So, I have to ask. What was the upper limit in your mind when you started bidding?

I had $4k CDA in my pocket. I would have thought about it over 3k hammer price. As it was, they started asking for 6, then 5, then 4, then 3, then someone said '1,000'. It opened. They called 1250. I waited. Went to 1250 . Then it went to 1500. They called for 1750. I held. They called and called and called. I said 1,600. they called 1,700. No response. Hammer down.

Not bad at all. Did it have some additional rust proofing like Ziebart as I noticed a plug on the rear door step ?

Not bad at all. Did it have some additional rust proofing like Ziebart as I noticed a plug on the rear door step ?

It has the Ziebart warranty in the glove box. It is also loaded with oil. I stuck a finger up in a frame hole near the rear and it was saturated inside. I sticky mess, but no rust. The undercarriage is quick dirty but that is ok. It preserved the car. Not sure if everyone realizes but back in the day in Ontario every fall you would get your car sprayed underneath and in the doors and cavities with used motor oil. Shops would have outdoor lifts for just that purpose. You would leave the car in the street overnight a few nights while it dropped down.

That sounds good.
I had one exception with a car that got many spray oil applications inside the closed sections but it must have been the wrong stuff, the rocker Panels and other closed sections were paper thin while the outside looked absolutely fine it could be punctuated with ease. Worst Body condition I ever had.

Back