What's it for?

Tom Elwood

Reaction score
Pulled the dash apart today on my '75 New Yorker to lube the speedo cable. Found a wire that isn't connected to anything and I can't find it anywhere on the wiring diagram. It was on the left side by my gauges. It is light blue and has a white plug with a small round hole in it. Looks like it should push onto a pin. I'd like to find out what it is for before I button this thing back up because it's a royal pain in the ***. I think the dash was built by elves. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks dash 001.jpgdash 005.jpg

dash 001.jpg

dash 005.jpg

Have you done this.
Look back up under there and see if there is a dangling blue wire with a male connector.
The thought of dragging out the wiring diagrams for the 1,000th time scares me into doing that first.

I did and there isn't any male. Because it's a female terminal I would assume it would be the hot side but I checked it with a test light and it isn't. I tried to follow it but it goes into a harness and disappears. I was just trying to identify it before I put everything back together and find out I have something that doesn't work anymore. Could just be a prewire for something i don't have on this car. Those wiring diagrams drive my eyes crazy. Thanks for your help.
Have you done this.
Look back up under there and see if there is a dangling blue wire with a male connector.
The thought of dragging out the wiring diagrams for the 1,000th time scares me into doing that first.

I mentally can't handle leftover wiring.
I'd have to identify it even if it means it was supposed to go to an option you don't have. Lol.
I couldn't button it up until then.

Back