What's it worth? 1970 Fury S23

Dave, do you have any pictures of one at Carlisle? I don't remember seeing one in a long time.

Not in a few years I havent seen one there. Over the years I have seen probably five or six at Carlisle and a dozen on the internet

A Sport Fury...........in Russia.

My thought exactly.:rant:

Regarding the value, the lurkers are already projecting profits above 10k based on our enthusiasm for anything Sport Fury related. Funny thing is, this will be the first place they post the "cream puff" pics of the RARE S23, for "only" 22k. They will be offended when they get nothing but crickets and criticism in response. I think $7500 to 10k for a strong #2 is fair, but somehow I doubt it is, more like #3 after a decade of immobility, if even that. However, it's still a C no matter how you slice it, the stupid money hasn't hit yet because they are still dragging E body turds out if junk yards and GETTING 10k for them. All of the potential buyers for this beauty are here and have commented and the same 3 reasons not to buy are still very present; no room, too far and seller asking too much money.

c2587ce50245d6f35f7f9a786f79ae56.jpg

1059330d1350549294-kawasaki-gto-110-complete-engine-worthless1.jpg

Hey guys, the "collector Car Value Guide" is just that....... a GUIDE. You have to add common sense.
If the car was not available with a 440 or a 4 speed..... don't add 10%. it's easy.

I use it because it seems to be the guide most in tune with current market prices. If your selling then use the inflated hagerty guide. And NADA should just stick to used cars.

More pics will be coming, but likely after the new year. So I guess let the issue rest until I can provide more details.

I owned and sold a 70 Sport Fury GT Brougham that was exactly the same exterior colors as this car for 18.5K four years ago. If this car is in the same or similar conditon $10K is very reasonable for the car.

I completely don't understand the the "group think", and the "follow the herd" mentality of most of the members on this chat room, in that most of the cars for sale are ALWAYS undervalued by the members here, but when they/you want to sell your car; then you want full retail.

You guys are great at shooting your selves in the feet, over and over again, by your valuations that the cars you love are't worth much.

The car in question IMHO is fairly priced.

Best,

FP

Hey guys, the "collector Car Value Guide" is just that....... a GUIDE. You have to add common sense.
If the car was not available with a 440 or a 4 speed..... don't add 10%. it's easy.

I use it because it seems to be the guide most in tune with current market prices. If your selling then use the inflated hagerty guide. And NADA should just stick to used cars.

I would have to agree with this comment in that of all the collector car price guides out there, this one is the most accurate based on my experience over the years with valuation of various collector cars. I use it all the time as a guide, but I frequently find errors in options availability in numerous estimates. Yes, it is many times wrong in that department, but in terms of valuation, I find it is still the best out there right now. Most other estimates of value are too high.

A Sport Fury...........in Russia.

A lot of rogue millionaires (Putin's buddies) in Russia with great taste!
I get it, but An American icon such as a 70' Plymouth Sport in RUSSIA of all places being driven around by commies. Like water and oil just doesn't mix.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
I get it, but An American icon such as a 70' Plymouth Sport in RUSSIA of all places being driven around by commies. Like water and oil just doesn't mix.

Probably has a Battalion of Russian Spetsnaz guarding it!

There are hardcore capitalists there I fear who would succeed in any other Country as well.

All I know is I think all price guides are BS, from Classic Car Trader for classics, to KBB for used cars.
The CCT, the crack-pipe prices of the cars of Hemmings Find of the Day, and others are fiction as are the KBB values when you want to trade in your car.
They are not even baseline references.

The old adage has always been....a car is worth what a person will pay for it.

I've seen shitbox rusted out B's & E's sell for crazy money and yet low mileage rust free C's sell for way less than $10k or not get a single bid.

. . .

I completely don't understand the the "group think", and the "follow the herd" mentality of most of the members on this chat room, in that most of the cars for sale are ALWAYS undervalued by the members here, but when they/you want to sell your car; then you want full retail.

You guys are great at shooting your selves in the feet, over and over again, by your valuations that the cars you love are't worth much. . . FP

This approach has always worked well for me. . .

I owned and sold a 70 Sport Fury GT Brougham that was exactly the same exterior colors as this car for 18.5K four years ago. If this car is in the same or similar conditon $10K is very reasonable for the car.

You guys are great at shooting your selves in the feet, over and over again, by your valuations that the cars you love are't worth much.

The car in question IMHO is fairly priced.

Best,

FP
So, how much is my 1976 Chrysler New Yorker worth?
What could I post the price as in ads?
How much do you think the best actual real life bonafide offer would be?
Go ahead. I have numbers already.

Bad copy of US car, the old Packard inspired ones were better looking.

Sorry I disagree.
First of all the facts. No one needs to be a millionaire to buy a 12k$ Fury S23.
It might have cost him 20k$ till it was in Russia but again no need to be a rogue Millionare (like Bob wrote).
Russia has a lower income level of course so the owner for sure is part of the upper middle class in Russia.

Do you think that all Russians are communists?
There are lots of die hard capitalists, too
Their democracy is surely weak and not really transparent and Putin acts like a dictator.
But you can't blaim the complete folk for this matter.

I meet some russian Mopar guys at the Big Power Meet in sweden. They were enthusiastic, loved their cars and took good care of them. They just had the same hobby we all share. Keep in mind we are all the same kind of human.

I don't care were somebody lives, what his religion is or whatever. To me it is important that he is an honest guy sharing the same passion for old Mopars.

Carsten

Back