What's it worth. Silverware set

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
Cleaning out Moms house. She bought this Sterling Silverware set late 50's. She wants me to keep it along with nearly everything else in her house. I just don't see any need for me to hang on to it. It appears to have some extra pieces in it. Moms says $1000.00 I have my doubts. It's in good shape. Needs polishing. I only remember her using this 2 times. (She was showing off) Any idea what it's worth. I need to sell it

Last edited:
I wish you good luck and top dollar selling it. Maybe try searching Craigs?

Tough sale to me because I can polish stainless to look just as shiny and never worry about it tarnishing. It's fanciness is wasted on a humble grease monkey like me.

View attachment 88443 View attachment 88444 Cleaning out Moms house. She bought this Sterling Silverware set late 50's. She wants me to keep it along with nearly everything else in her house. I just don't see any need for me to hang on to it. It appears to have some extra pieces in it. Moms says $1000.00 I have my doubts. It's in good shape. Needs polishing. I only remember her using this 2 times. (She was showing off) Any idea what it's worth. I'm need to sell it

I've got three sets of those, can't give them away. So we use them as our everyday service ware. Antique shops are full of them. There are some internet buyers, but at low ball prices.
State House Stately (Sterling, 1948) at Replacements, Ltd - Page 1

Last edited:
Yea she had a lot of China too. Her sister was able to sell the Rose & Christmas. Didn't get much for it. Think $100. I decided to keep the White. Still have a nice set of Franciscan Ivey I can't give away. Nobody wants this stuff anymore.

Back