What's the funniest mod you've seen in a while???

I too fail to see what the mod is or the funniest part is.
Just another day with a Jackass in a Jacked up truck. Reminds me of my final exiting of working on 'dem things.
Got a Ford F250 in the shop one morning, very good customer as it was already jacked to the max for the mid 80's period but I had never worked on the truck the other longtime mechanic had done most all of the 'installs', had all the add-on's light bar, windshield visor, custom interior, etc. Guy was a dick IIRC, pilot working on his jet license, complained about low performance, did a compression check, everything down, gotta pull the top end, I'm leaning towards pulling the engine as I don't want to do a top end via a step ladder. Pull the top end and find the most serious cylinder ridge that I have ever seen in my days, the guys pissed, he's a big Mobile 1 fan as that was just appearing on the scene, I badmouth the synthetic oils and he rambles on about they use it in all the aircraft. I shake my head, end of conversation with this numpty, as the oil filter looked & weighted like it had been on there for half a decade. Useless to try to explain about replacing and adding a quart every 5/10k RTIMF!
Can't remember if I put the top end back on and it left running or via a tow truck. I think Lewis may have put it back together as I pretty much put the day up as a 'wash' and most likely headed to the bar. :BangHead:

I too fail to see what the mod is or the funniest part is.
Just another day with a Jackass in a Jacked up truck. Reminds me of my final exiting of working on 'dem things.
Got a Ford F250 in the shop one morning, very good customer as it was already jacked to the max for the mid 80's period but I had never worked on the truck the other longtime mechanic had done most all of the 'installs', had all the add-on's light bar, windshield visor, custom interior, etc. Guy was a dick IIRC, pilot working on his jet license, complained about low performance, did a compression check, everything down, gotta pull the top end, I'm leaning towards pulling the engine as I don't want to do a top end via a step ladder. Pull the top end and find the most serious cylinder ridge that I have ever seen in my days, the guys pissed, he's a big Mobile 1 fan as that was just appearing on the scene, I badmouth the synthetic oils and he rambles on about they use it in all the aircraft. I shake my head, end of conversation with this numpty, as the oil filter looked & weighted like it had been on there for half a decade. Useless to try to explain about replacing and adding a quart every 5/10k RTIMF!
Can't remember if I put the top end back on and it left running or via a tow truck. I think Lewis may have put it back together as I pretty much put the day up as a 'wash' and most likely headed to the bar. :BangHead:
Funny thing, IIRC the aviation industry didn't use mobil 1 or any synthetic... at least in the prop stuff...

For a wannabe pilot to be an arrogant dickhead doesn't seem out of the norm at all though :D

I bet Chrysler could have sold that, at least to Aussie market... Kudo's to this builder :thumbsup:

True. You can tell it's shop-built. The bead-rolled inner panels are a nice touch. The tailgate fab is great. And the rear cab panel is well-done, too. Granted, that's now a 20-year-old Caravan, but it looks like a great driver with lots of real utilitty to it.

84080410_10220987364655383_8889119737506693120_n.jpg

Funny thing, IIRC the aviation industry didn't use mobil 1 or any synthetic... at least in the prop stuff...

For a wannabe pilot to be an arrogant dickhead doesn't seem out of the norm at all though :D

Na... I or he didn't say Mobile 1 was in the aircraft, but Mobile 1 was just getting popular on the VatoZone shelves in the early 80's(?) and I sure he bought it. I know AmzOil was around in the 70's as I had a old High School classmate pitching it in the late 70's kind of like one of those quasi-legal MLM pyramid schemes, think that's what they call it now-a-days. They sponsored a car in INDY around that time, it crashed and made it on the front page of the newspapers... I saved it for him! :p

Like I said he was a pilot not a mechanic, he's above us, I started to say something about flight logs, maintenance intervals, etc. but it was a 3 way conversation with him and the store owner with me on the sideline. If I had heard "Lets put a Big Block in it" I'd be all for it as the business owner had a Pathfinder 4x4 converted Econoline van with a 460ci in it and it hauled ***. These guys with the big tires don't realize that the bigger the tire the faster you go and the speedometer don't show it, plus the bigger the tire the more it overloads the brakes, there were no brake upgrade kits back then, also in turning the big tires you need to change your axle ratios up to 4:10, 4:56, or higher as a stock street ratio will put to much load on the driveline and things will start to go pop when under the increased load.

No worries though, soon to be when I gave up on that foolishness and concentrated on construction equipment the sales manager had crashed his jacked up show truck swerving to avoid something at 70mph rolling over 5 cars in a restaurant parking lot. Luckily he and his girlfriend (I think she yanked the wheel) were all belted up and the truck was all roll caged out, but it made the front page of the local hicktown newspaper then someone called the TV station and even interviewed him as they were lucky no one got hurt. Then some politicians got involved as to why these monster trucks were on the road and did they pass state vehicle inspection laws. Sure enough laws were passed that you couldn't modify a vehicle bumper by xx amount of inches. I ask the owner if he was worried about this new legislation and he said they already have that legislation in California and they make kits to lower the bumpers. :BangHead:

Then the owner rolled his show/business Jeep big time with his girlfriend getting pretty seriously hurt as neither of them were buckled up as it was after the event/run on the way home with the GF suggesting they 'Spin some Donuts' in a big dirt parking lot adjacent to a golf course. Both of them were knocked out for quite awhile as it took passing golfers to see that something was odd with the jeep sitting on it's cage and call rescue.

When I saw the totally bent trashed muddy jeep in the shop I let out a resounding "I ain't fixing that!".

Last edited:
Back