What's the funniest mod you've seen in a while???

The more I see that Camaro-S10 mash-up, the more I actually like it! The integration of the bed and body is well-hidden by the large side bulge. Paint that beast, and that would make for a really attractive ride!
You want a Camaromino!

Camaromino.Model.01.jpg
elcamaromino.jpg

Looks like that "kit" car would be scary fast! Be an interesting one to line up against at a stop light.

Comfortable Paddy Wagon!!!

Hey, have any of you heard that supposedly, the origin of the name "Paddy Wagon" came from so many Irish being arrested in New York for drunkenness? Actually, it was PaTTy wagon. I just heard that last week. Honestly, I never researched where the name came from. Is it true?

Hey, have any of you heard that supposedly, the origin of the name "Paddy Wagon" came from so many Irish being arrested in New York for drunkenness? Actually, it was PaTTy wagon. I just heard that last week. Honestly, I never researched where the name came from. Is it true?
Nope

Hey, have any of you heard that supposedly, the origin of the name "Paddy Wagon" came from so many Irish being arrested in New York for drunkenness?

That what I've heard. I can't remember from when or where, so who knows the accuracy.

That what I've heard. I can't remember from when or where, so who knows the accuracy.
Yea it's kind of a NYC slur from some Irish riots they had back in the late 1800's early 1990's and some drinking St Paddy days but it's also a New York City pronunciation of PD Wagon via the police, but the term goes way back in England in referring to a wheel barrow, could also be considered a slur on the Irish.

In Chicago, the explanation is different. The term goes back to when the majority of cops walked a beat, before the widespread use of cars. Cops were spread out all over on walking posts. If a call came in requiring a larger show of force, any cops around the station would be loaded into the “wagon” (horse drawn in the real early days), and they would head out, collecting more cops as they came upon them on their beats. Since the vast majority of the cops were Irish, people called it the Paddy Wagon.

Dicking around on YouTube and found this WIERD…. Car I guess, looks like a PT Cruiser and VW had a baby..

Last edited:
Yea it's kind of a NYC slur from some Irish riots they had back in the late 1800's early 1990's and some drinking St Paddy days but it's also a New York City pronunciation of PD Wagon via the police, but the term goes way back in England in referring to a wheel barrow, could also be considered a slur on the Irish.

Thought you said "Nope?" So, did you know of this or did you just look it up?

Thought you said "Nope?" So, did you know of this or did you just look it up?
Nope meant that it did not originate in reference to the drunk Irish of 'Yew Nork' but goes back to England in a slur on the Irish as the pommy posh thought that pushing a wheelbarrow was the top level of their skill sets <ducks> also something about the potato famine.
This comes from my old Manx TT forum where members didn't miss a chance to jump on the back of the "scousers". Get it?

Back