What's your opinion about keeping your c-body 100 percent original?

WOW! This thread sure did hit a few nerves,LOL!!
The beauty of the C's is that they are NOT the overpriced overvalued A/B/E cars and C's are still affordable to buy and fix.
That being said,C owners can do whatever they want and not affect the car's value.
The car can be an extension of the owner's personality and that makes this hobby fun..
Adding factory options and period correct aftermarket accessories is also very cool.

Super low production models,or cars with a strong historical background should be restored to original.

Reading all the posts,we all agree that we love to drive our C's.
Upgrading the brakes,electrical systems,and drivetrain for reliability and safety is a good thing..So what it is not "correct".
Our cars were meant to be driven and not worshipped on a trailer.

In fact,Our C's were intended to TOW trailers,LOL
2008-01-28-1912-21.jpg

Spot on! No matter how we are divided on 'HOW' to rebuild our big gals, I think it for the expressed use of driving and not to be a trailer queen. Let some other poor guy admire his high dollar car that will never touch pavement with the wheels rolling. We shall enjoy ours both by sight and the feel of it in motion.

And as for the mocking of rice racers, pitty them for they will never know the fast and quite rides we have. Let them stick to their road noise, teeth jarring (from hitting a candy wrapper in the road) rides.

Thanks Cbarge for putting us and the thread back on track.

This thread has been a interesting read. I am also a person who believes in do what you want to your car,not what others want you to do.

Looks like somebody had a little too much time on their hands.

Maybe but having the freedom of expression is priceless. Someone long ago said it best...
Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write.
Voltaire, letter to M. le Riche, February 6, 1770

This thread has been a interesting read. I am also a person who believes in do what you want to your car,not what others want you to do.

Yep. I kind of knew that this subject would get a complete spectrum of feedback when I started this thread. I've been to countless car shows, races, etc., over the years and I would see beautiful Mopar's being trailered everywhere that they go and I would think to myself if I owned it, I would be driving it everywhere. But again, if trailering it around trips your trigger, do it.

Yep. I kind of knew that this subject would get a complete spectrum of feedback when I started this thread. I've been to countless car shows, races, etc., over the years and I would see beautiful Mopar's being trailered everywhere that they go and I would think to myself if I owned it, I would be driving it everywhere. But again, if trailering it around trips your trigger, do it.

Not me I drive mine daily and the 2 I plan on getting will be driven.

I try to keep my two 60's cars "re-storable". That means I try to keep all the mods something bolt-on that can later be unbolted. Occasionally I have to drill a few holes, but I won't hack the inner fenders for headers. One can totally modernize the engine to electronic fuel injection and ignition for better mileage and less pollution and stay re-storable. Indeed, you could even bolt in a modern engine, say a small-block Magnum, and still go back someday for the museum.

However, I am fine with whatever others want to do with their cars, and appreciate their efforts.

I drive mine as often as possible. I don't drive it when its wet and there's salt on the road during the winter.

I'm leaving my interior alone as it is original and near perfect -in fact I was going to mount a radio in the glove box -but that is almost in too good of condition to cut up (not kidding).

As far as the outside -I'm going to paint it at some point -not sure what route I wanna go yet. Engine... I'll do anything bolt on -considering a turbo later down the road -however I will retain all parts to return her to stock and will not hack anything up. Exhaust simply has to be replaced.
Walk around:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMcm2WTrd0U

If anyone feels like "rescuing" this car from a few bolt ons and paint -buy it.

$10,000 firm :eek:s_dancing2:

Last edited:
Don't know how I missed this thread....all should know where I stand insofar as staying "original" vs "modification"....I'm no nazi one way or the other.

Mine is so far from being stock. Mostly safety and driveability mods. I do have most of the original parts except the exhaust.

Here are the two extremes....

To the left the donker crowd: 55" rims, panda fur interiors-with seats covered with plastic, 5000gW stereo system, 18K gold chain steering wheels, air brushed insignia of gang affiliation somewhere on hood and/or trunk, picture of baby momma affixed in the instrumentation panel, "R.I.P". yr born and died of a close acquaintance who has been recently shot gunned to death written in rear window, and transmission gear selector with "McDonalds" written the in the window rather than 1,2,3,N, Reverse.

vs.
To the right the purists: factory correct assembly worker scribble scrabble on rear differential gear housing (correct color and script hand writting of course), factory/yr correct H2o in the tires confirmed by Galen Govier, correct inside diameter of the left side exhaust manifold (big block cars, left side for small blocks), correct radiator fluid confirmed correct with the exact antifreeze & wtr mixture balance that existed when car passed the factory gates on the car carrier for delivery to dealers, yr correct air inside the cabin of car, and of course yr correct fuel in the gas tank.

I think most fall somewhere in between.

Of course..... But those are so far left and right outrageous it leaves 99.9% of cars in between

I have met people approaching the right extreme, and seen cars approaching the left, scary as it might seem.

The right extreme is missing the point that original can't be reproduced. I would never disassemble a low mileage decent car to reproduce the exact way it left the factory as was done more often than once. Paradox.

I have met people approaching the right extreme, and seen cars approaching the left, scary as it might seem.

I met a number of the extreme right........most are trailer queens. Not my style...........I would DRIVE every car that I owned.

I prefer my classics stock with modern upgrades for safety. Radial tires, dual bowl master cylinder and disk brakes are among the upgrades that fall into this category. That being said, I don't mind modified cars so long as the build is of good quality. I can't stand a modified car that looks cobbled together; a hack job. In case you guys haven't noticed, I'm a stickler for details. To me, that's what separates a good build from a great build; whether it be a stock resto or a resto mod. I personally wouldn't build a resto mod, not my style.

I prefer my classics stock with modern upgrades for safety. Radial tires, dual bowl master cylinder and disk brakes are among the upgrades that fall into this category. That being said, I don't mind modified cars so long as the build is of good quality. I can't stand a modified car that looks cobbled together; a hack job. In case you guys haven't noticed, I'm a stickler for details. To me, that's what separates a good build from a great build; whether it be a stock resto or a resto mod. I personally wouldn't build a resto mod, not my style.

Yours is just outstanding and you drive it! :thumbsup:

Back