Where do I get new upper control arms for my 1971 fury custom Surburban?

cbendure

Reaction score
Plain n simple like the title says. Who has new ones? Where can I buy. I cannot get the ball joints out of my olds. Unless someone has a suggestion on how to without ruining threads?
Got rear end apart and completely rebuilt as far as suspension. Front is being a *****!

Plain n simple like the title says. Who has new ones? Where can I buy. I cannot get the ball joints out of my olds. Unless someone has a suggestion on how to without ruining threads?
Got rear end apart and completely rebuilt as far as suspension. Front is being a *****!
You don't need to buy new UCL just because the BJ's won't come out for you.
Use a ¾" breaker bar with a 4' pipe on it. It will pop.

Do the one off a challenger work? I was told they do but I'm not confident in that due to the diff bodies type.
The only control arms that will interchange will be from another C-body of the same generation.

picsart_01-24-10-29-10-jpg.70096

Last edited:
Challenger arms are smaller as they are of the B-body type. The Cbody arms are unique. Plenty of people have had success removing the upper ball joints using a special socket as per this link.
Amazon product ASIN B003EZZUNU
Oh super. Thanks that helps a bunch. All I have is a 2'ft crescent wrench I've been using n trying. I'll buy one of those soon.

You definitely need the socket and a long breaker bar the crescent wrench wont cut it.

Ok it's ordered. I'm replacing all the bushings as they are all rotting away. So I'll take my time getting the rest of it apart. I'll post some pics soon.

It was not that uncommon for some mechanics would tac weld them in one or two places .

Alan

The weight of the car isn't held by this ball joint anyway, its the lower ball joint that supports the weight of the front end.

Big waste of my time n money. But hey I guess I'll just bring my upper control arms down to the shop n pay them to put in my new ball joints.

Back