Where Do You Guys Get New Replacement Brake Rotors for the 69 - 72 Fuselage C Bodies?

I am in the middle of doing a front drum to disc conversion. If you have the 69 to 72 spindles, you can get the rotors at Autozone right now. Duralast Part number 5300. That number will cross reference to the 7012R rotor that you are hearing about. They are $128.00 a piece. I wouldn’t waste any time buying them because they are only making a limited run on them. Once they are gone, who know when they’ll be available again.

:thankyou: how do you know the run is limited? Limited to 200 or 50000?

Raybestos 7012R (...) Rock Auto happens to have them in stock at $80 each ($15 more than what @330dTA paid in April :confused:).

at Autozone right now. Duralast Part number 5300. That number will cross reference to the 7012R rotor that you are hearing about. They are $128.00 a piece. I wouldn’t waste any time buying them because they are only making a limited run on them.

Procrastination did pay off in my case, as the Raybestos 7012R are down $4 to $76 (+ shipping) each at Rock Auto. I just ordered a pair before work this morning, for my 1970 300 'vert (@david hill told me that he could deal with the "wrong-direction" studs since the 7012-L is not available anywhere AFAICT). I placed the order together with Raybestos PDG39M Element 3 pads (pair for $47.58). Total with shipping and tax came to $240.26 -- substantially less than AutoZone (Edit: less than 2/3 the price of AZ)

Procrastination did pay off in my case, as the Raybestos 7012R are down $4 to $76 (+ shipping) each at Rock Auto. I just ordered a pair before work this morning, for my 1970 300 'vert (@david hill told me that he could deal with the "wrong-direction" studs since the 7012-L is not available anywhere AFAICT). I placed the order together with Raybestos PDG39M Element 3 pads (pair for $47.58). Total with shipping and tax came to $240.26 -- substantially less than AutoZone (Edit: less than 2/3 the price of AZ)

You could change those studs if you really wanted, correct?

Oh and please give a thorough report as only you can on the quality of the rotors please.

Not a fan of Rock Auto at all. Will never buy from there again for a multitude of reasons. As for me, I don’t mind paying extra for my parts if they have a lifetime guarantee. And also, if there is ever any kind of problem, I can make a phone call, talk to someone I know personally, and get the problem resolved. Try that with Rock auto. I may be speaking for myself, but spending a few extra bucks to have that piece of mind and convenience is money well spent.

I’ve only had good experiences with Rock Auto. I like to buy locally if I can, but the car and I are currently in different places. I’ll take the brand over the warranty.

Of course, as Ray / Halifax Hops had suggested, I have those Front Disc Brake Rotors Brand New ** N.O.S. **
U.S.A. ** made .....but Right Hand Thread -- ONLY -- as
Polara71 / Dave got my Very Last ** N.O.S. ** LEFT **
Hand Thread Front Disc Brake Hub & Rotor -- and it was
A two (2) piece, to boot !!!!

Yes, I still have some of the Front Disc Brake LEFTY
Wheel Studs, but Not Many......

And, I have *** N.O.S. *** Asbestos *** Brake Pads -- less expensive than the garbage that the internet companies are forced to sell, because of EPA rules and regulations...
(I suppose I should RAISE my prices .....)

Not only are the ** N.O.S. ** Asbestos ** Brake Pads the softest, smoooooothest braking system known to mankind..... They do not rip up the Brake Hub & Rotors to smithereens......

Last edited:
I read a couple of comments on line recently when researching Raybestos brake rotors that the more recent ones came in boxes indicating they were manufactured in China. So I would indeed be interested what the boxes these Raybestos brakes that are being ordered indicate on the outside and whether they are one or two piece ones. The only rotors offered by Rock Auto as of today for either a 1970 or 1971 Chrysler 300 are the Raybestos single piece rotors for the most rock bottom price of $35 each among all the options including Centric and Dynamic Friction brands. I am not seeing any two piece options for Raybestos anymore as of today at least.

If Raybestos can manufacture a single piece rotor in the U.S. for $35 each, I have to wonder about the quality of the product.

I have had no issues with my several sets of Centric brand rotors and high quality pads that are semi metallic and low dust applications. The discs are not showing any significant wear and I am not seeing the dust build up from the old asbestos pads that in the past were a continual nuisance and the new ones stop very nicely. I have also had plenty of rotors that were the old, heavy two piece design that wore out quite rapidly and were thin in short order. I don't believe just because they are original/older that they are necessarily better than current high carbon steel designs that are more durable and far less weight than the old stuff and pads that are also modern low dust designs.

Centric is claimed to be a U.S. company that manufacturers its products both here in the U.S. and in China.

So I would like to know whether Raybestos really makes all its rotors here in the U.S. as folks are implying or maybe assuming.

I have also been hearing on several news stations recently that the current administration in Washington is strongly working to bring back manufacturing to the U.S. to curb the rising power and influence of China in the world as is currently taking place. This is apparently a part of the infrastructure plans currently under current development in Congress by both sides of the aisle which is also refreshing to hear about finally. Negotiating in good faith by all involved for the good of our country is essential to us prospering above all others in the world.

We can't let China keep outwitting us anymore and becoming more dangerous.

Last edited:
I read a couple of comments on line recently when researching Raybestos brake rotors that the more recent ones came in boxes indicating they were manufactured in China. (...) The only rotors offered by Rock Auto as of today for either a 1970 or 1971 Chrysler are the Raybestos single piece rotors for the most rock bottom price of $35 each among all the options including Centric and Dynamic Friction brands. I am not seeing any two piece options for Raybestos anymore as of today at least.(...) So I would like to know whether Raybestos really makes all its rotors here in the U.S. as folks are implying or maybe assuming.
The 2-piece rotors (7012R) are still available as of just now: they are the ones I ordered this morning, and why I provided the link (I try to provide web references, in order for my claims to be more easily checked -- sometimes I make mistakes after all :) ).

I struggled with the choice of Centric, given your eloquent explanation of what the company does. In the end, I decided to go with Raybestos rotors and pads so as to brand-match the other components (new master cylinder MC36283 for $65 with shipping and tax, and Raybestos Element3 brake hoses -- one BH36651 rear center and two BH35017 fronts). I will post photos of the boxes and rotors upon reception.

PS: One more thing. The Raybestos are described as 2-piece units by RA.

7012R rotor is 2-piece.png

Last edited:
I read a couple of comments on line recently when researching Raybestos brake rotors that the more recent ones came in boxes indicating they were manufactured in China. So I would indeed be interested what the boxes these Raybestos brakes that are being ordered indicate on the outside and whether they are one or two piece ones. The only rotors offered by Rock Auto as of today for either a 1970 or 1971 Chrysler are the Raybestos single piece rotors for the most rock bottom price of $35 each among all the options including Centric and Dynamic Friction brands. I am not seeing any two piece options for Raybestos anymore as of today at least.

If Raybestos can manufacture a single piece rotor in the U.S. for $35 each, I have to wonder about the quality of the product.

I have had no issues with my several sets of Centric brand rotors and high quality pads that are semi metallic and low dust applications. The discs are not showing any significant wear and I am not seeing the dust build up from the old asbestos pads that in the past were a continual nuisance and the new ones stop very nicely. I have also had plenty of rotors that were the old, heavy two piece design that wore out quite rapidly and were thin in short order. I don't believe just because they are original/older that they are necessarily better than current high carbon steel designs that are more durable and far less weight than the old stuff and pads that are also modern low dust designs.

Centric is claimed to be a U.S. company that manufacturers its products both here in the U.S. and in China.

So I would like to know whether Raybestos really makes all its rotors here in the U.S. as folks are implying or maybe assuming.

I have also been hearing on several news stations recently that the current administration in Washington is strongly working to bring back manufacturing to the U.S. to curb the rising power and influence of China in the world as is currently taking place. This is apparently a part of the infrastructure plans currently under current development in Congress by both sides of the aisle which is also refreshing to hear about finally. Negotiating in good faith by all involved for the good of our country is essential to us prospering above all others in the world.

We can't let China keep outwitting us anymore and becoming more dangerous.

Unless I'm not understanding something, will you ever notice the endurance quality? Longevity is the final determinant in quality. Most of us will never put everyday miles on these cars Ala 15000 miles plus per year.

I hope these are good rotors.

The 2-piece rotors (7012R) are still available as of just now: they are the ones I ordered this morning, and why I provided the link (I try to provide web references, in order for my claims to be more easily checked -- sometimes I make mistakes after all :) ).

I struggled with the choice of Centric, given your eloquent explanation of what the company does. In the end, I decided to go with Raybestos rotors and pads so as to brand-match the other components (new master cylinder MC36283 for $65 with shipping and tax, and Raybestos Element3 brake hoses -- one BH36651 rear center and two BH35017 fronts). I will post photos of the boxes and rotors upon reception.

PS: One more thing. The Raybestos are described as 2-piece units by RA.

View attachment 468780

OK, given what you are showing I went back to Rock Auto and instead of checking the model "300" box I chose the "Town & Country" box and then the rotors you indicate you bought do show up as "hub and rotor" for $80, so I am not sure they are two piece or that just the rotor and hub and one piece since the photo of the product indicates "one piece". For the 300 models only the single piece Raybestos rotor is shown for $35, so I am really confused. I will be interested in seeing what you finally receive.

And I have no idea why the Rock Auto application guides differ from model to model of the same car line when Chrysler didn't differentiate originally. Or said differently, is a rotor designated as "rotor and hub" two piece vs just single piece really any different except for price?? Very confusing at best. Maybe all the original 2 piece Raybestos rotors are of maximum strength for all applications and the aftermarket offers two different levels of beefiness according to the models to which they are applied???

I also just noticed that the Rock Auto link for applications for the hub and rotor choice that you made says "two piece" but that when I just looked at the Town & Country application a few moments ago, those words "two piece" no longer show up it only says "hub and rotor" now at $80.

Maybe someone at Rock Auto is watching our discussion!! :mad:

Last edited:
I have to laugh at the anguish we go through on this site as we try to decide what choices to make among the dwindling ones we have to choose from anymore and the inability to really find out what we are really getting or where it is made.

The rest of the world just stopped caring about any of this insanity 50 years ago!

Having that perspective helps as we move along inch by inch..........................

Yes, prices vary on RA depending on the way you access the exact same part.
The rest of the world just stopped caring about any of this insanity 50 years ago!
Says the self-described "man in the Asylum" :D

Thank you again for your really informative posts. They were truly helpful!

ANY Hub & Rotor ANY of you get on ANY internet website at ANY price,
WILL BE ONLY a one (1) piece Hub & Rotor,
WILL BE ONLY a Chineseum made Hub & Rotor in
ANY brand, ANY box, because they are all made by
ONLY one (1) Chineseum company, period.

It is simple, really, no need to complicate it by
"Overthinking it".......

Not a fan of Rock Auto at all. Will never buy from there again for a multitude of reasons. As for me, I don’t mind paying extra for my parts if they have a lifetime guarantee. And also, if there is ever any kind of problem, I can make a phone call, talk to someone I know personally, and get the problem resolved. Try that with Rock auto. I may be speaking for myself, but spending a few extra bucks to have that piece of mind and convenience is money well spent.

You do realize that the reason you pay more (usually a lot more) for the lifetime guarantee is you are paying for the replacement up front.

Kevin

"Overthinking it".......

You are likely correct on how many different versions are really available now.

Where I differ with you is whether the original simple cast iron extra beefy and heavy parts are really any stronger or more durable than the high carbon steel versions that are available these days from China or wherever. I personally doubt they are and the originals might even be weaker.

I also have had two personal friends who used to be Chrysler technicians most of their lives die of Mesothelioma, so I am not a proponent of the use of original asbestos containing materials no matter how smooth applying you make them sound. Their deaths were lingering and painful and I will not forget that. I am grateful that at least some lives have been saved by those awful government regulations outlawing the use of asbestos in brake parts.

The biggest draw of the rare parts you still have some of seem to be for those who want only original parts on their cars and nothing else matters, period.

"Overthinking it".......

Your rotors are two piece Craig?
Really the best way to stay original with good USA made rotors.

No more 2 piece.... You got the very last one in that beautiful old box polara71 / Dave....
If I ever find more of them.... you WILL BE my very first
P.M. & phone call, for sure !!! Yours, Craig.....

Back