Where to get wiper blades

Triple Pickle

Reaction score
The big one size fits all blades found at the parts chain stores won’t fit under my hood (‘72 Polara) Where is a source for original refillable wiper blades?
Sorry if this has been covered before.

5 years ago O'Brien had them behind the counter.

I doubt there is a source. Wanted to do the same with My Newport I checked Rockauto.com. They offer the same ones that can be found at any store. I still have my original, refillable blades, but have not used them for years.

The big one size fits all blades found at the parts chain stores won’t fit under my hood (‘72 Polara)
images

I’ll be driving mine in about 10 min. In the rain. I’ve got open the hood, turn on the wipers then close the hood !

Every time I look up my wiper blade refills, it tells me they're 18's, but doesn't specify if it's "Narrow" or not.

So I don't drive it when it rains.

The very cheap Trico blades at AAP will fit under the hood. At least they do on Formal's. Red and black packaging.

I've had no problem with modern, one-piece blades fitting under my hood. But I would still rather use the original replacement-type blades.

The right blades are hard to find. So I like rain-x. With a fresh coat you don’t need wipers, water beads up and rolls off.

Great for the DD going over the mountain passes. When you pass a semi truck all the dirt and grit rolls off the glass, doesn’t get smeared into the glass and ruin the blades.

Back