Where to get wiper blades

No sir, nobody touches my cars, especially not low man on the totem pole at the local chain parts store.
Oh, but it is so worth it to sit in my truck in a downpour watching the low man on the Totem Pole struggling to figure out how to remove the old blades and then fight with the 5 adapters that come with the new ones.
Teaches them about Life. That it Sucks and then you die.

Oh, but it is so worth it to sit in my truck in a downpour watching the low man on the Totem Pole struggling to figure out how to remove the old blades and then fight with the 5 adapters that come with the new ones.

I can just imagine seeing you in the car laughing your *** off watching Tyrese trying to figure out the wiper blade install. Lol

Last edited:
I was replacing my wiper blades in the AAP parking lot last fall on my NYB. The low guy on the totem pole was changing the blades on the car next to me and hear a snap and a crack and the lady asks what was that and I just chuckled and said that noise was your windshield breaking. He didn't have the rubber mat on the glass to catch the arm when the wiper arm got away from him.

You need to swipe them once while they are trying to change. Tell them sorry was the rain sensing wipers automatically on, or sorry I just was not able to see what you were doing.

I worked a short stint at a O'Reilly parts store in Alabama a long time ago. A fellow came in, bought a set of wiper refills and then, sheeplshy, asked if I could install them. We went out and I removed the old and installed one new in just a short moment. He was amazed at how easy it went and insisted on installing the second one his self. Then he admitted that he really was a rocket scientist at the Redstone arsenal up in Huntsville.

He was amazed at how easy it went and insisted on installing the second one his self. Then he admitted that he really was a rocket scientist at the Redstone arsenal up in Huntsville.

That is funny, but I have to defend a certain rocket scientist. My father worked for 30 years at the Naval Research Lab in DC, developing the Vanguard and Timation satellites (and more). The Timation bird was was the prototype for the GPS system we all use every day. Timation - Wikipedia

So? My pop helped me put headers on my 68 Dart (in 1973), build my first motor (340), helped me build my first house....helped me build or rebuild most everything. He was a rocket scientist with dirt under his nails! :thumbsup:

On the other hand, when I was a young engineer I worked with an engineer with a PhD. He tried to install a garage door opener over the weekend....he came in on Monday to tell us of his total fail. :wtf:

Looking for recent recommendations for the frame/blade that will work on my '71 Fury without hitting the lip of the hood. Thanks!

Resurrecting this old thread as Medina and I got caught in a downpours on Monday and the wipers need changing (driver's side does not wipe properly, plus both LHS and RHS are incorrect -- too high, not stainless, don't retract perfectly unless helped manually).

I found this set of Anco 16" repros sold by Classic Industries -- looks good to me, thoughts?

153391_main-01.jpg

153391_main-02.jpg

153391_main-03.jpg

153391_main-04.jpg

153391_main-05.jpg

This is what should be on it, this is my 69, the metal frame seen in the first picture should not be replaced, only the part that clips into it.
2021-01-30_002.jpg

2021-01-30_003.jpg

Alan

Last edited:
16 inch are too short for Fusey's. But thats my opinion.
On our 69 Fury, I scored an original set of stainless 18 blades from a car in a yard.
I replaced the refills and the wipers do clear the glass nicely and retract properly.
It takes a bit of time and work to make the refills fit the frames but worth the trouble.
16 inch good for B bodies.
I know since I also have a 73 Satellite wagon.
I also had seen 16 inch frames with 18 inch refills. Thatvworks as ling as the refills have the stainless steel spines.
Hope this helps.

Thank you @MrMoparCHP -- it looks like these are two different blades. MoparMall seems to have the correct reproduction blades:

''Hideaway'' windshield wiper blades for all 1969-71 Plymouth Fury; all 1969-71 Dodge Monaco - Polara; all 1969-71 Chrysler and all 1969-71 Imperial

View attachment 470129

Edit: I found another FCBO thread with lots of pics after I started searching by the part number (P/N 3431465 ) for 1971 wipers.
Thanks for this! I just ordered new blades and two other items!

Back