Which do you like better? Slab side or Fuselage?

Since you have all 3, what is your opinion, in regards to ride,build quality, how they drive etc. ?

He brought the Formal to Carlisle.... and I think won the 3rd place trophy too.

img_3295-jpg.46043.jpg

Thanks for all the comments guys! Yes, I agree, different strokes for different folks. My 67 300 has the original leather interior (bucket seats) and it is still serviceable. The foam is old and crumbling away and I find it on the floor all the time. Despite that, the seats are still really comfortable and the ride is nice and steady without much disturbance from road irregularities. Like someone said, the car is comfortable for HOURS on the road and you can just keep on driving.

I love fuselage cars most for their styling
Pics from last weekend when we were going to a show

004.JPG

credit for the next pics go to Balu
rostglanz.jpg

rostglanz1.jpg

Carsten

It's a 71 dressed as a 70, it feels sad, I can sense it. It also wanted to come to the Polara ranch here in Jersey. ...sad:poke:

yes, the Polara is nicknamed "Frankenstein-Cucamonga" as it is a custom car.
But not many people get it.

The Polara wanted the conversion as it had its ugly front grill already thrown off itself when I saw it.

And I wanted to be a customizer at least once in my life:lol:

It runs very well and plays friendly surrounded by other fusies.

Carsten

It's lucky to have you. You talk about it like it's your dog and we all know how this group loves and treats their pets.

Yesterday afternoon I had to stop and get gas. This old timer walks up to me after I had popped the hood and just starts up a convoy about how he had a similar car (71 New Yorker coup) and how much better it looked then the "jelly bean" cars of today (his words). He said he misses the long flat hood and how it made him feel safer then having "airbags all over the place" (his words again). We had a nice long talk while my car was guzzling fresh gas down, lol. Apparently he was laying some brickwork in front of the station with a younger guy (employee or son?). He brought his first kid home in the back of his NY'r which he sez looking at my car made all the memories of that time come flooding back through all the cobwebs (yeh, his words again). The guy was REALLY old but I really enjoyed talking with him. No **** disclaimer: this happens 7 or 8 times out of 10 when I stop somewhere for gas or picking up groceries or even at car shows (cause Im usualy the only fuselage c body there in a sea of slabs, fins, and formals). Ive had other non fuselage c body cars in the past and none of them generated the interest my current ride does. Guess thats proof more fuselage cars have been crushed or demo'd or just left to rot back into base elements in "Jethros" backyard then are on the road today. Far less then slabs or the other models I might think.

Formals?

Gary, you see a deluge of Formal's at car shows in Jersey? I'll have to head up there one of these days. LOL.

I would take a slab over a fusie any day. I would take a slab over a formal
I would take a forward look over them all, just look at Steve's incredible car pictured above.

Agree. But then i wouldn't mind one of each!

No.....formals almost never show up at a cruise or show...slabs first, Fuselages then formals that is the order of quantity at shows and that could be 3 cars out of 500

Back