Which do you like better? Slab side or Fuselage?

Interesting what was said; we seldom see "formals" at car shows. I wonder why that is. Were there so much less "formals" produced than the slabs or the fuseys??

The newer the car the fewer people actually think it's a classic? Just guessing.

I like them both but the slab seems to be built a little more solid, also when you shut the door it makes a nice crisp sound where the fusie door sounds dull.

It has been my experience that in most car shows, cars made after '72 are a rarity. There are many who think anything made after that year are just junk. I disagree, but that doesn't change things.

Hi,

at german car shows Fuselage C-Bodys are usually the biggest crowd followed by the slabs. Formals are far behind only followed by Forwardlook cars which are very rare in Germany.

But it is different in each European country.
While Forwardlooker are seldom in Germany they are plentiful in Scandinavia (Sweden, Norwary, Finnland). So plentiful that some US Forwardlook dudes fly over to swedish car shows

Carsten

I would have to stay with the slab years, I like the furrowed brow over the lights on my 68 Polara, the styling lines, and the flatter side styling of those years. But, I would be lying if I said it was my favorite Mopar, being I finally have ownership of my family's 62 Dart 440 drag car, and that body style is a love it or hate it!

I would have to stay with the slab years, I like the furrowed brow over the lights on my 68 Polara, the styling lines, and the flatter side styling of those years. But, I would be lying if I said it was my favorite Mopar, being I finally have ownership of my family's 62 Dart 440 drag car, and that body style is a love it or hate it!
Pics or it didn't happen.

IMG_0605.JPG
IMG_0608.JPG
IMG_0299.JPG

Sorry man, but that's bullshit. I drove a '70 Superbird once - fun drive, but no pictures were taken. Did it happen?
:stop: It's a long running forum joke. Obviously I don't think he, nor you, are being dishonest. Just asking for pictures.

It has been my experience that in most car shows, cars made after '72 are a rarity. There are many who think anything made after that year are just junk. I disagree, but that doesn't change things.

When I was twenty years younger, I worked in a collision center, and every day this older man Alex, around seventy five years old at that time, would come up to me and ask ..."what you working on that piece of **** for?" No matter what I was working on it didn't matter, typically something from the eighties or ninety's. He was the previous shop owner, shop handed down through the generations, and now belonged to his son, who I worked for. Back then I wasn't quite sure why he said that every day. I figured he was just a grouchy old man. Being around and driving automobiles during the forties and fifties when automobiles were made out of steel, and nuts and bolts, and not held together with little plastic clips... as I say "when car were cars". Now that I am older and appreciate the '50s styling and engineering, I understand totally what he meant. I miss Alex.

Last edited:
Back