Which year was the Edelbrock CH4B intoduced in?

330dTA

Reaction score
Would anyone know for sure when was it that this intake manifold came to market? Was it on the market in 1970? Anyone?
Edelbrock CH4B.jpg

I intend to put this on my '70 NY'er Coupe, which in all other respects would be eligible for the Historic Vehicle Registry.

Only if this was not on the market back when the car was new, it would void my attempt to get into the registry (and concurring attempt at saving a lot of money on yearly insurances.)

That intake was a Chrysler parts over the counter deal and would have been ordered out of this Hi-Performace Parts catalog.
Buy 1967 1968 Chrylser Dodge Plymouth Mopar Hi-Performance Parts Catalog Book 1966 motorcycle in Republic, Missouri, US, for US $175.00
It came out for the 1968 model year, so it could have been as early as the fall of '67.

The 1967 to 1969 440 cast iron intake had a casting number of 2806178 and the 1970 model was 2951736. The CH4B intake you have first two digits start with 28XXXXX which is inline with a majority of parts installed on a 1968 model year vehicle.

The CH4B (440) and companion DP4B (383) were Edelbrock aluminum dual-plane intakes which Chrysler had Edelbrock cast a Chrysler factory part number onto them so they were NHRA Legal in the stock classes. So they had both the Edelbrock designation and also the Chrysler factory part number on them, too. One way to give the stock class PDC drag racers an edge.

Could be ordered from ANY Chrysler Corp dealership, rather than having to go to a big-city speed shop! ONE of the neat things about the DirectConnection program, plus the race manuals and such.

Pretty good, all-around intake manifolds. Dual planes were all we had back then. A Holley 3310 780cfm carb helped things along, too.

CBODY67

Thank you very much! So the part is Historic Vehicle Registry eligible. That’s exactly what I needed to find out.

Thank you!

Good for you! Where did you find it? Is it still in Edelbrock's catalog (I did a quick search and didn't find it...)?
Anyway, good find,
Mika

Last edited:
I don’t think it is in production anymore. As far as I know, the Performer RPM was developed on the CH43B. I bought it off eBay. I had been looking for one for quite some time.

I don’t think it is in production anymore. As far as I know, the Performer RPM was developed on the CH43B. I bought it off eBay. I had been looking for one for quite some time.
The Edelbrock "Performer" (not RPM) is very similar in looks and performance to the CH4B and DP4B manifolds. The "Performer RPM" is significantly different.

Back