Who is going to the Carlise Show?

I'll be at Carlisle like each year with a different Mopar, this year my 57 Imperial crown coupe.. but I go only one day depending on the weather...

Who is going to Carlisle?

A better question is ------- WHO ISN'T ???????????????????????????

If you've gone to Chryslers @ Carlisle and the Mopar Nats in Ohio through
the years; you, also, will have noticed that Chryslers @ Carlisle keeps
getting better & bigger every year -- while the Nats keeps going progres-
sively downhill every year..............

From the cars in the show -- to the swap meet -- to the beauty contest
-- to the car and motor giveaways -- tho the "cherry girls" -- Chryslers @
Carlisle is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And stop by spots H107 - H108 (right next to the showers and bathrooms) eight rows down from the center of the food court ----
for the best car parts & more on the field.......................:pink banana::pink banana:

That is a M110A2 Self Propelled Howitzer (8 inch). Bore size is 203mm. That picture was a night shot and you saw the fireball it creates when it fires. Most accurate artillery piece in the world. It can put a 205 lb projecticle inside a garbage can at 20 kilometers every shot. The complete bullet comprises of a 205 lb projectile and 77 lbs of gunpowder and a 5 lb fuse and a primer the the size of a 12 guage shotgun shell. It is also nuclear capable. When Reagan told Gorbachev that "the U.S. would use tactical battlefield nukes in Europe", he was specifically talking about this Howitzer.

m-110a2-dvic497.jpg

Yikes! Nuke capable?? Maybe this is a stupid non-military person question, but if you shoot a nuclear weapon out of this thing how do you clear the blast area before getting vaporized yourself??

A better question is ------- WHO ISN'T ???????????????????????????

If you've gone to Chryslers @ Carlisle and the Mopar Nats in Ohio through
the years; you, also, will have noticed that Chryslers @ Carlisle keeps
getting better & bigger every year -- while the Nats keeps going progres-
sively downhill every year..............

From the cars in the show -- to the swap meet -- to the beauty contest
-- to the car and motor giveaways -- tho the "cherry girls" -- Chryslers @
Carlisle is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And stop by spots H107 - H108 (right next to the showers and bathrooms) eight rows down from the center of the food court ----
for the best car parts & more on the field.......................:pink banana::pink banana:

This will be my first time at Carlisle. Is there a blvd cruise night anywhere in the vicinity (like Brice rd cruise at the nats)? Would love to see that.

Yikes! Nuke capable?? Maybe this is a stupid non-military person question, but if you shoot a nuclear weapon out of this thing how do you clear the blast area before getting vaporized yourself??

The short answer.....no. Each firing Battery has a Special Weapons Team and their only mission is to assemble and fire the nuke. All Artillerymen know what risks are associated as well as the consequences. This howitzer (all of the M110A2's), and all the nukes for them, and me are Cold War relics and no longer in the active Army inventory. The only self propelled howitzer in the Army is the M109A6 Palladin Howitzer with a 155mm bore size. Faster, lighter, etc. To me it's a pop gun compared to the massive M110A2 Howitzer.

This will be my first time at Carlisle. Is there a blvd cruise night anywhere in the vicinity (like Brice rd cruise at the nats)? Would love to see that.

No there is not but the main road through town has plenty of cars going up and down going to and from the show field, motels and restaurants.

I never have time for a night life there. When were done at the fairgrounds we have dinner and swim in the pool, clean up for the next day. We are usually out of the Motel by 6:30 in the morning and asleep by ten pm....its a long day

Last edited:
Thats not the same thing as a blvd cruise.......the Carlisle stuff is contained. When your at the Nationals it all in the wild, off the cuff so to speak.

Last time I was at the Nationals was ten years ago, when they still cruised Brice road and the Red Roof Inn, holy crap that was insane.

Mine came Wednesday........2 1/2 weeks.......:pink banana:

I'm getting excited too.

By the looks of the responses on this thread, only a handful of FCBO members are going. I understand the economy, distance, and crazy girlfriends can throw a wrench in to people's plans on going to Carlisle.

Your back feelin' better.

Crazy girlfriend? If that was the case she could stay home. I just dont understand these " mopar guys" that dont go every year.( within a reasonable distance)

Your back feelin' better.

Crazy girlfriend? If that was the case she could stay home. I just dont understand these " mopar guys" that dont go every year.( within a reasonable distance)

I'm feeling pretty good right now. I just have to take it easy so it doesn't act up before Carlisle.

As far as the crazy girlfriends...if you can't leave them at home, you can drop them off at the Women's Oasis where there is plenty of shiny stuff in there to keep them occupied. I just wish the Women's Oasis was farther away from the C-body line.

Does anyone bring tents along??? If so, what's the "etiquette" with pitching one up?? I would not want to encroach on someone else space, but if the sun is blazing I don't want to be sitting out in it continuously.....here's the tent I own.

http://www.amazon.com/Eddie-Bauer-Gazebo-Shelter-17/dp/B00014VT3C/ref=pd_sxp_f_r

That's fine. There's room between the rows and you just set up behind your car. And yes, it will be blazing. Normally in the high 80's to the 90's and very humid.

That's fine. There's room between the rows and you just set up behind your car. And yes, it will be blazing. Normally in the high 80's to the 90's and very humid.

Excellent, thanks. I was thinking our tent was gonna be to large.

Me and TC will be

there, getting there thursday and staying till sunday. I'm in the stock C body class this year (did not see a wagon class) and can't wait! MPJ

Back