Why?.....just why?

Lol - I was thinking the same thing. However, with the right gears, a bit of weight in the back and some sticky rear tires one could have fun! Probably could pull the front wheels!
Maybe inside the continental cover it's got a box of weights?
I agree with Patrick66 about the dash - yuck!! What's with the shifter through the floor? I don't see a clutch.
View attachment 435878
If it's a 65 Imperial then would've originally had a cable-shifted 727. My guess is they swapped a later 727 and just put a floor shifter in instead of trying to adapt the original column shifter.

I found the asking price kind of weird. I mean who would do all that work and then ask only $8K?? So I went to the website on which it is listed. Some interesting cars , BUT....all the maps on all the listings are the same, and all the names are in Cyrillic characters with English subtitles. Is there even a Dresden Tennessee?? Me thinks a scam site.

upload_2021-2-2_17-26-17.png

1944C65F-831B-4B79-A352-D51F8CA23590.jpeg
EF61EE4E-CBD5-4B3F-ACDD-3904B32F6830.jpeg
This popped up on my Facebook feed. Guys says it was built by a coach builder licensed by Ford motor co & he thinks it’s the only one they built.

View attachment 436301 View attachment 436302 This popped up on my Facebook feed. Guys says it was built by a coach builder licensed by Ford motor co & he thinks it’s the only one they built.
There was a company that did those "opera coupe" conversions on the Cadillac Seville, but that's the first time I've seen it done to the competing Lincoln Versailles. However, I searched "lincoln versailles opera coupe" and google turned up a bunch of pictures of them too.

img2539-1568925488882@2x.jpg

There was a company that did those "opera coupe" conversions on the Cadillac Seville, but that's the first time I've seen it done to the competing Lincoln Versailles. However, I searched "lincoln versailles opera coupe" and google turned up a bunch of pictures of them too.

View attachment 436350
Did it really. Well so much for him having a one of one then

Those side faux wheels make it look the the car is powered by a transverse-mounted jet turbine engine!

Those side faux wheels make it look the the car is powered by a transverse-mounted jet turbine engine!
Yes I suppose. I'm sure yhey are intended to look like spare tires on the running boards or in the front fenders, such as on this 1938 Cadillac opera coupe.
1938-cadillac-series-60-opera-coupe-2.jpg

Some of the shortened Sevilles had those as well. The first one I ever saw had them. It was new and for sale, on display in the Sunrise Shopping Center in Orangevale/Fair Oaks Ca, suburb of Sacramento. I didn't like it as it looked odd with the shortened wheel base. Gotta say they have grown on my over the years.

P_20180520_114749_vHDR_Auto-EFFECTS.jpg

Back