Winter Plans For Your C Body

Gonna get a parts car! Paid for today, finalizing plans for picking it up.

View attachment 163489

A rough Polara 500 yielding one (1) correct bucket seat, dash, a complete console and linkage, steering column to match, and another complete set of window trim and body side moldings. At least one (1) good taillights lens, a remote mirror, the doors might be decent, window regulators I need badly for the rear, and countless nuts and bolts, fasteners and other trim pieces.

View attachment 163490

View attachment 163491

Apparently it's been sitting in the same spot for 15-20 years. Good thing I don't want it for the body!
Good thing you don't need the rear bumper:D

Scott you better get that parts car home...just heard we are getting a foot of snow mostly where you are by Monday late.

Gonna get a parts car! Paid for today, finalizing plans for picking it up.

View attachment 163489

A rough Polara 500 yielding one (1) correct bucket seat, dash, a complete console and linkage, steering column to match, and another complete set of window trim and body side moldings. At least one (1) good taillights lens, a remote mirror, the doors might be decent, window regulators I need badly for the rear, and countless nuts and bolts, fasteners and other trim pieces.

View attachment 163490

View attachment 163491

Apparently it's been sitting in the same spot for 15-20 years. Good thing I don't want it for the body!

Congratulations! Nice score. I'm trying to identify the '50's car next to it. Possibly '56 Packard Clipper??

Scott you better get that parts car home...just heard we are getting a foot of snow mostly where you are by Monday late.
That will make the land owner happy! Funny,my weather app didn't say that yesterday...

Now that the winter months are in full gear, what are your plans for upgrades to your car?

I plan on dyno matting the floor, and installing a new carpet. Also upgrading the brake system, and rebuilding the carb. I am sure that will lead to a few other things also, aways does. Lets here yours?
Ditto here, replace carpet, sounds deadening, rebuild heater valve and work on wipers, replace all the lights in the interior.

Making progress.. I’m so anxious. Can’t wait.
D0A31CD8-DDEB-4D58-8A66-3201A9F271D0.jpeg

Just took off a core Thermoquad for @cantflip to play with. The tubes have seen better days, but other than dirt,it doesn't look too bad. Jeff, you should see the it this week!

Had the seats reupholstered , dyed all the panels and headliner, and installed new carpet last year. This year it gets a new dash pad (purchased), a new alternator (old one makes too much noise) , a new carb, and electronic ign.
001.jpg
002.jpg
001.jpg
002.jpg
002.jpg
001.jpg
002.jpg
001.jpg
001.jpg
001.jpg
002.jpg

Dont know what happened with last post. I only clicked on 2 pics and ended up with a bunch.

Just took off a core Thermoquad for @cantflip to play with. The tubes have seen better days, but other than dirt,it doesn't look too bad. Jeff, you should see the it this week!
Pics were taken:

IMG_20180121_143121.jpg

IMG_20180121_143128.jpg

Those little primaries, and monster secondaries, glug, glug, glug!

Back