Wire Wheels

:poke: Come on man....... It's a C body...... Road wheels and white walls or OEM wheel covers and whitewalls, unless the broadcast sheet says otherwise. Leave the dog dishes to the B-E body crowd. RWL is Ok from 70 on.

But but but ... they still look good better with the rwl

thanks guys. I do have to say, road wheels are appealing to me, but I want to be a little different.

I do have have a set of black cop wheels with RWL on the GTX I could swap over, but I want something a little more "classy" (no offense to you turboomni, I do like the look on your car) for the Newport.

Photo0416.jpg
True spoke 16X8STD2012.jpg

I was originally thinking a 50 spoke, but after seeing 78 brougham's wires, I think i would go with more spokes.

How many wires are yours, @78Brougham? 100? did you have to use an adapter or change out the spindle?

of course, I could always get some regular steel wheels and put wire hubcaps on them :wideyed:

caprice.jpg

I think I have some wire hubcaps if you are interested Mar .. I think they may be from Dippy's or 5th avenues. PM me

No offense taken at all. My fury would look silly with spoke wheels but the Newport could look really good with them. Maybe try some wire hubcaps for awhile and see. Then get real ones later. Be sure to send some pics!

Even though I have a set of nos factory spinner hub caps ,they only came in 14" size and they always looked under size to me for a big slabby . So I went with my all time favorite rims , cragars and RWL .

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow.. I better see that imperial at Carlisle next year.. :poke: Also! say hello to SAM for me.. You guys were great to hangout with. :)

Thanks John, I just did say hi to her for you, she said hi back, and we had a great time hanging with you, Jeff and Bob! I probably will bring it next year! Maybe with a new paint job. Same color cuz we love it. Just needs a freshening up. Beautiful shape otherwise. Did you ever get a daily driver like you wanted?

Not yet.. Shortage of funds after Carlisle and vacation after that.. Jeff has been throwing some my way when he comes upon them. Some nice ones too. I'll get one for sure though.

I was originally thinking a 50 spoke, but after seeing 78 brougham's wires, I think i would go with more spokes.

How many wires are yours, @78Brougham? 100? did you have to use an adapter or change out the spindle?

of course, I could always get some regular steel wheels and put wire hubcaps on them :wideyed:
Mine are 100 spokes, and the adapter from lugnuts to center and choice of knock off, were included had to buy the hexagonal wrench though, because I preferred the hexagonal knock off. 15x7's ran me $135 each plus shipping

So I know im going to get some **** for this, but here goes.

Mario, I have nothing useful to add here... so here ya go...
http://cerin.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/horse-****.jpg Didn't want you to be disappointed.

I like the road wheels a lot, but to be different I have been considering trying to find some nice 15X7 steelies and run the original hub caps...

The wires will look good on your Newport... just don't cheap out if you buy them as wheels, and you may want to run a band of PVC tape around the hubcaps if you use them... to quiet the spokes.

Mine are 100 spokes, and the adapter from lugnuts to center and choice of knock off, were included had to buy the hexagonal wrench though, because I preferred the hexagonal knock off. 15x7's ran me $135 each plus shipping

what size are your tires?

Wire wheels look too pimp on a Formal!

Road wheels look the best....

Mathilda HAD 4 wire wheels, 100 spoke 15x8 when I got her this past March. I sold them ASAP, given how the pot-puffer who sold me the ride had run all over in them, and pulled through the left rear hub 3 of the 5 wheel stock studs, and 1 on the right, using the adapters and lack of sense. The lad threw in the 15x8 mags I now use, bless him, and the total cost was MOST reasonable. Consensus here among my fave junk yard owners and a few local mechanics is that heavy wire wheels are excellent if you like having them pop off at speed from pulling studs through hubs. I now have Moroso's studs with the larger, knurled heads, so the damage to my hubs wasn't irreparable, but I don't recommend them, despite the fact that my personal experience hardly counts as a general trend.

Back