Wollfen's 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury S23

I know how that goes. Question: you wouldn't know of a good 70 driver's side quarter panel somewhere, would you? I'm not very well connected with these cars.
No sorry, not at present, but if I see something come up I will keep you in mind.

I started sealing the floor after all the new pans went in and went to take the rear seat belts out bolted through the floor, well that didn't go well as the floor gave way around the mount. I have decided to replace that entire pan section with one out of the 69 300 sedan which is mint. So today a bit of warmer weather saw me cutting and drilling etc. I also coated the rest of the floor too as well as the firewall internally. This was all after I helped the neighbor concrete his car park area.

Hey Gary. You must be fully recovered to have done all that. Glad the illness is gone!
What coating did you use on the floor? thanks, Ben

Last edited:
Yeah warm day and I thought yay I'm gonna go for it because it's back to cold, cold weather tomorrow and raining. By the end of the day I was feeling a scratchy throat and this evening starting to cough up thick stuff again. I keep getting told, stop it, I'm not better yet!

Yeah warm day and I thought yay I'm gonna go for it because it's back to cold, cold weather tomorrow and raining. By the end of the day I was feeling a scratchy throat and this evening starting to cough up thick stuff again. I keep getting told, stop it, I'm not better yet!
That sucks. Sometimes you feel like you're never going to get better. In the meantime, the worker in you can't take it no more and says, "I've gotta get things done." I've paid for that a few times, but I keep on doing stuff and I keep on hurting. Better than being a couch potato.

A warm day and I did some work today, check the picks, I think I have gotten the welding work done on the car finally. PHEW!!

Floor8.jpg
Floor8a.jpg
Floor9.jpg
drivers indicator.jpg
drivers indicator1.jpg
drivers indicator2.jpg

True, we can't save them all but this one appears to have a pretty solid body, which is something that most of the country has a hard time finding. Humor me and clean it up, take better photos and see if someone will buy it as is before you take it apart.

well you guys have a point there , it is a solid car . so i was at my tranny guys shop last night . told him about the 72 fury 3 . now hes thinking on building it for a driver , so it just might get pulled from the axemen (me) . after all it just some parts i want . they can come some another source . or this one and he can replace them on it .

DSC00478.JPG

That EV2 SportFury belongs to Jim ( pentacar ) on this forum. He´s got some more pics of it in the pic-garage

well my trans guy has not said anything about the 72 fury , but a member from down under is liking it for a restore . so it might go down under to get bought back up as a great driver . keep everyone informed .

Okay it has been a year since I purchased this car and it has been sitting idle way too long. This is what happens when you have too many cars and so on. Anyway, on to the car, the body is almost ready for primer, hope to have that done in a couple of days. Will post pics of that when it is done.
I have also been working on parts too. The first photos are of the trunk lid, it had a couple of pin holes at the outer edges and i decided not to weld them up. I am using a product called DEVCON metal putty, this stuff I have used before to repair corroded forgings in the air frames of aircraft to make them airworthy again. So it is very strong stuff, I backed the pinholes with tape then mixed some and laid it in, once hard i sanded it off with 36 grit paper, which took me over five minutes of sanding to do, as I said this stuff is very strong. Lat picture is of paintable sealer on the inside edge.

Trunklid.jpg
Trunklid1.jpg
Trunklid2.jpg
Trunklid3.jpg
Trunklid4.jpg
Trunklid5.jpg

Back