Wollfen's 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury S23

I used the Eastwood rust encapsulator quite a bit when I did the metal work on my RR 7 + years ago and I was impressed with how it went on.

Man! That windshield area is really fuggily. Did the car have a vinyl top, or was it parked under maple trees all it life - or both?
It did have a vinyl roof yes, it won't be going back on, naked. This car will be a lovely red all over.

You need to document that with pic and dimensions.
No, seriously... :wideyed:

Notice the offset to clear the brake line.
Will do Stan, there isn't some area I could post the results in a particular thread for posterity?

Well. . . I'm a Scorch Red kinda guy myself. . .
actually, that brings up a question. Was the Plymouth 1969 color called Scorch Red (as my GTX is) and the 1970 Plymouth changed to Tor-red?

Was a bit confused about that. Thanks

R6 seems to be the same for both years.

1969-plymouth-pc.jpg

1970-plymouth-pc.jpg

Will do Stan, there isn't some area I could post the results in a particular thread for posterity?
The reason I'm asking is because of all the times people come on here and ask about converting to a four speed and they always forget about the frame mount. When they ask "where do I find one", I can explain to them that they have to fab one., I'll save a copy in my C-Body Automatic to Manual Transmission Conversion Manual coming soon to Amazon. :D

PicsArt_11-03-02.37.28.jpg

:thankyou::)

Last edited:
I got busy buy today and did a bunch of stuff. Check the picks for progress, I also got a couple more things in the mail. I also built a shelf for my windshield to keep it safe while I'm working on the car.

front fender work8.jpg
front fender work9.jpg
front fender work91.jpg
front fender work92.jpg
pin kit.jpg
Paint.jpg
trunk seal.jpg
windshield support.jpg

"I also built a shelf for my windshield to keep it safe while I'm working on the car."

Nice work! Is it a new windshield?

A bit more work, this cold snap and rain is keeping me indoors so I haven't done much. Also, I pulled the front marker lights out of the guards and well, hmm, didn't notice this till I did, see what the issue is?

front fender work93.jpg
front fender work95.jpg
front fender work94.jpg
front fender work96.jpg

Looks like you lost the entire first layer of that window channel. Actually might make it easier to fix than having to form small patches in here and there. With the sport roof at least you don’t have to figure out the depth of those formal corners. That wasn’t easy winging it.

Back