Wollfen's 1971 Sport Fury GT !

Ok, then it's pressure that keeps the water from boiling, that's what I was thinking. I Never had any luck keeping the temp down in these old Mopars.

Ok, then it's pressure that keeps the water from boiling, that's what I was thinking. I Never had any luck keeping the temp down in these old Mopars.

Biggest thing I have found is a good OEM steel 7 blade fan, fixed or on a clutch, and a matching (and properly positioned) fan shroud. Those two things alone will help keep your temps in control.

clutch fan old and worn?..worn will be fine on hyway..probs in stop and go traffic
rad cap..old and worn?...can make a big diffrence sometimes...
Fan shroud on the car?

clutch fan old and worn?..worn will be fine on hyway..probs in stop and go traffic
rad cap..old and worn?...can make a big diffrence sometimes...
Fan shroud on the car?
Lol, of all the people on this thread you should know its all new parts on the engine Dereck. And yes the shroud is on too.

Okay, I did a super flush and added coolant once more, I thought i tightened everything up and took off down the road (I checked for a spring in the lower hose, added one too) And did a couple of miles, temp gradually creeped up as before, then coolant all over my hood, was close to home so got it back and checked, the top hose had slipped off, ugh! Okay had to let her cool before I touched anything, in the meantime I checked few other things, the rear vision mirror was loose so I fixed that. I am not happy with the wiper motor, its acting like a standard B-body unit and dipping below the hood on every swipe, it also doesnt wipe right across this big screen. I'm wondering if the previous owner put this in as a replacement out of another car, not a fusey Cbody? Any ideas on this? I do have a three speed motor I could put in.

as far as i know the motors are the same (except harness plug differences) but there are several different types of links to connect them to the arms. if your other motor is a known c body motor, you could compare.
to switch from two to three speed you would need to change the switch to a three speed switch also.
could it be the wiper arms are put on in the wrong position?

I took the car for a drive gain and went to harbor freight and bought one of those Infrared thermometers. Works a charm, the radiator checks at 200+ degrees with the engine turned off then turning the engine on it runs at 170 degrees. So that's acceptable. I also found out the heater controls are not working, was blowing hot air even with it turned off. I'm going to have to check the vacuum lines and routing. Ugh again.

as far as i know the motors are the same (except harness plug differences) but there are several different types of links to connect them to the arms. if your other motor is a known c body motor, you could compare.
to switch from two to three speed you would need to change the switch to a three speed switch also.
could it be the wiper arms are put on in the wrong position?
I have a three speed motor and switch, the dash face remains the same. It wouldn't be too hard to swap over. I will check the arm settings again. I originally had them set so they returned to just above the height of the hood which was too high. I will have a bit of a play before I decide to swap the motors out.

Okay, I have identified a vacuum leak in the hose going to the new heater valve, I will replace that tomorrow and see how it all goes again. Fingers crossed it solves the heater issue. Also, I found one of the vacuum actuators was missing an inlet tube so I replaced that as well. It works now.

Back