Wollfen's 1971 Sport Fury GT !

I was just looking at this youtube video and it spoke of the plastic protector on the rear bumper, for all the Sport Furies it was color coordinated with the vinyl roof but on the GT it was matched to the color of the stripes, interesting.

I had a similar experience with my 69 Sport Fury. Black pinstripes but a white vinyl top. I thought something was wrong because the car was never painted so I thought someone changed the pinstripes. I researched it and found that for sport fury in 69 the pinstripe matched the interior color, not the vinyl to.

I might tinker with it today, I keep looking over it sitting in my workshop, even though I "prioritized" it to be touched after one of my 68 Chargers sells, I find myself thinking about what little things I can do in the meantime, you know, like removing the vinyl roof remains, oh then I'll have to pop the rear window, oh then I will just HAVE to do the little rust repairs there. You know, little stuff.

So I been window shopping. I'm thinking a set of Cooper Cobra tires 235/70x15 might be the way to go, raised white lettering and all. Plus only $89ea plus fitting. Hmm, if I wait till Christmas Cooper may have a discount coupon available too. Maybe.
cobraradialgt.jpg

cobraradialgt.jpg

I don’t think you're going to do better than that. Pretty good.
Yeah, I'm not too familiar with the American market when it comes to new tires so I figured I would put up my idea here and see what response i got. I am thinking that's a pretty good price, the same tire in Aus would be like $200.

are you sure you want Cobras?
I had two of those failling early in my life.
If it has to ba a modern radial I would consider a BF Goodrich Radial TA with RWL

Don't git me wrong...have cooper's on both my 91 gmc and 6 on my dually...great tires but those ain't the tire for that GT.....won't look right .....lotsa better choices out there....just sayin

Paul put Hankook H724 P235/75R15 on my Fury. S speed rating, narrow whitewall and they handle very well especially in heavy rain. Paul gets them wholesale for only $99.

I would stay with the raised White letters in case of SFGT and 300 Hurst, there is no other convincing alternative IMHO.

are you sure you want Cobras?
I had two of those failling early in my life.
If it has to ba a modern radial I would consider a BF Goodrich Radial TA with RWL
The Cooper brand are a good quality unit and I think are superior to the age old Goodrich TA's, plus they are much cheaper. Cooper 50K miles warranty means a lot. I might consider the TA tires though, I need convincing.

Don't git me wrong...have cooper's on both my 91 gmc and 6 on my dually...great tires but those ain't the tire for that GT.....won't look right .....lotsa better choices out there....just sayin
What have you been leaning towards Derek?

What have you been leaning towards Derek?

definitley going RWL...seen a couple that dont look bad and look period correct....those coopers woulda looked ugly...tread comeing around and up sidewall just kills it....
Bill has pretty close to what ld like... something in a 235/75 is about right for these cars...anything higher will leave you with sidewall flex and a sloppy feeling ride
also not shure how this would equate to H ect labeled tire
l also have a primo set of the newer wider road wheels and was considering putting the wider rim on the rear and leaveing the oem rims on front..lotsa stuff to think about and it gets worse as lm not able to be in same location as car to eyeball results and looks
believe l have a little bit of time before a desisions made so still looking and following posts like this for ideas.
like the newer radials but gotta find the right one that wont look odd
lm gona start posting pics of tires l run across here...feel free to do same and mayby we can come up with a winner...guess we start with oem basics...

not best pic but do like the looks of the Goodyear pollyglass GT tire
F6015A-B.jpg

R8m0Ui3dvwy9xV_rTBQndDucYuUyY9YC0300.jpg

Yah there are a few RWL tires on the market and i believe that a Goodyear Polyglas would be the ideal tire for originality, or at least as close as possible. If H70 tires were made it would be no contest.

Back