Wollfen's 1971 Sport Fury GT !

Ultimately, you know this is likely the best time to do those repairs. I am very glad to see you are getting her squared away. Are you planning to replace the vinyl during this work? I know where you could get a blue top that almost fits... cheap.:poke:
I'm going to paint the top of the car white, then sometime later down the track I will put a white vinyl top back on it. I have surprised myself at how much money this car has taken. It's all the small stuff that adds up.

I'm going to paint the top of the car white, then sometime later down the track I will put a white vinyl top back on it. I have surprised myself at how much money this car has taken. It's all the small stuff that adds up.

Thanks... I could have been removed from the site by force if you went for the blue one...

The body is wraaaaped in plaaaastic (Apologies to Twin peaks)

roof.jpg

Time to paint the roof, YEAH.
Primer will go on tomorrow, then rub that back, make sure it is all smooth and then maybe Saturday lay down the white paint, I have to watch the humidity and see how that goes.

Did u fix the rustxaroubd the windows? No pics?
Yah I put new steel in the bottom corners of both the front and back windows, plus a couple of other patches too. I forgot to take pics of this process though, was hell bent on trying to get the car ready for this weekend, but that didn't work out either. Blah.

Roof just got painted and I pulled the paper and tape off. This is the result, no work done yet at all. Yes I know the car is dirty. I think the rake of the car may be a bit too much. I will raise the front a little. Not looking bad at all even if I do say so myself!

roof1.jpg
roof2.jpg
roof3.jpg

Gary you are one fine DIY'er! She looks great! Now wasn't all that pain and suffering worth it?

Back