Wondering about the value of this purple 71 sport fury

How bout a Pic of the Charger in your Avatar?

the final beatrice.jpg

Very nice. Is that yours?
Yep my father and I built this while I was in highschool, I bought the car and drivetrain he paid for the body and paint. It is a super bee clone. not anywhere near perfect, but it is a fun car, great driver. someday, I would like to full on restore it, but I am currently in college...working on becoming a teacher, money is in short supply these days haha

done, I will see what comes of it, I may be getting my hopes up too high, they are still discussing my offer
Simply say,
I bought this car to save it from the derby guys. I fixed it up a little hoping for it to go to a good home.

Everyone will hail you as a hero and worship you like a god.

Welcome:welcome:, The car is worth whatever you're willing to pay for it.

IMO most on here undervalue c-bodies but that's because there is a small market for them. Most people aren't looking for cruisers, everyone wants A,B, and E's so resale on C's is low unless you find the right buyer. Long story short, if you're wanting to make some money by cleaning it up and reselling it, don't be surprised if you can't make your money back out of it. Chances are, especially if you plan on any moderate level of restoration, that you wont.

Purchasing anything to resell, whether it's cars, coins, art, or commodities is called speculating for a reason. Any financial advisor worth having will tell you that if you want to invest in something for a long term resale, you should only buy something you like in case you have to keep it in case you can't sell it.

Any financial advisor worth having will tell you that if you want to invest in something for a long term resale, you should only buy something you like in case you have to keep it in case you can't sell it.

any mopar is good for me then

I too was on here long before I bought a C-body (C body owner for almost 3 months now). I'm a lurker on FBBO and a sometimes participant on FABO. I participate more on The Dodge Coronet Registry and the Station Wagon Forums.
Love the purple Sport Fury. In the sunlight I would like to see one of these "indigo" cars parked next to a "plum crazy" car. If these Furys are indeed Indigo, they its a very pretty purple. I remember seeing a few 71 Sport Fury 4 door hardtops in purple back in the 70's when I was a kid. I always assumed they were plum crazy (in-violet) cars as plum crazy purple was seldom seen in my area. Funny thing was that every purple 71 Fury that I saw was a Sport Fury 4 door hardtop. Never saw a purple two door or a purple Fury III. I remember them both with white and black vinyl tops, never a bare steel roof, and I think I remember them always having fender skirts. I could be wrong about the fender skirts there were always several brown 71 Sport Fury 4 door hardtops in the area with vinyl tops (some in paisley) that always had fender skirts so I may be getting those mixed up with fender skirts on purple ones. I am wondering if it was a special model with a special collection of options that Chrysler so often did in the spring to attract sales. Even now as I remember those cars I saw so long ago, I am still convinced that they were plum crazy purple.

Last edited:
Hi from another fusey owner, nice to see another Fury potentially come on board. Now if this keeps going we may have to change the name of this Forum to Fury owners and other C-bodies!

so if the car goes up for sale... I am toast? forgotten? hated?

Well I've off'ed a '66 Imperial since I joined, and will probably off another C-bod before summer.

But in the meantime I bought another C-body and an unloved B-body... :mob:

I too was on here long before I bought a C-body (C body owner for almost 3 months now). I'm a lurker on FBBO and a sometimes participant on FABO. I participate more on The Dodge Coronet Registry and the Station Wagon Forums.
Love the purple Sport Fury. In the sunlight I would like to see one of these "indigo" cars parked next to a "plum crazy" car. If these Furys are indeed Indigo, they its a very pretty purple. I remember seeing a few 71 Sport Fury 4 door hardtops in purple back in the 70's when I was a kid. I always assumed they were plum crazy (in-violet) cars as plum crazy purple was seldom seen in my area. Funny thing was that every purple 71 Fury that I saw was a Sport Fury 4 door hardtop. Never saw a purple two door or a purple Fury III. I remember them both with white and black vinyl tops, never a bare steel roof, and I think I remember them always having fender skirts. I could be wrong about the fender skirts there were always several brown 71 Sport Fury 4 door hardtops in the area with vinyl tops (some in paisley) that always had fender skirts so I may be getting those mixed up with fender skirts on purple ones. I am wondering if it was a special model with a special collection of options that Chrysler so often did in the spring to attract sales. Even now as I remember those cars I saw so long ago, I am still convinced that they were plum crazy purple.

The brown paisley top Furi you saw were sorta special editions... Gran Sedan and Gran Coupe. Brown Paisley v/top and interior, usually brown sheet metal, although I have seen white... In theory I imagine you could have gotten black or some shade of gold/tan?

Now just to ruin your record of no Mood Indigo '71 coupes, enjoy this GT:

IMG-20160207-02175_zpsurbjnvhz.jpg

IMG-20160207-02173_zpsd7vximn9.jpg

The brown paisley top Furi you saw were sorta special editions... Gran Sedan and Gran Coupe. Brown Paisley v/top and interior, usually brown sheet metal, although I have seen white... I theory I imagine you could have gotten black or some shade of gold/tan?

Now just to ruin your record of no Mood Indigo '71 coupes, enjoy this GT:

IMG-20160207-02175_zpsurbjnvhz.jpg

IMG-20160207-02173_zpsd7vximn9.jpg
It would be nice if that car still existed. I would take it on as a project for sure.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! What's the trim code on the fender tag? You mention the purple inserts on the seats and now I'm interested.

Back