WTB 76 NYB Left front wheel well molding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it looks like it belongs in a senior's complex in Florida :grin:

You have finally arrived there when it happens on a monthly Basis and you don't care anymore about Fixing it.

I had an old uncle who kept clipping the sides of the garage when backing his car out. Both sides of the car ended up with dozens of scrapes and scratches and dents.

I've had someone clip the side of the NYB this summer. There is a sideways scrape along the entire side of the NYB, Not deep enough to get to the primer but you can definitely see it from 5 feet away. I'm going to get the NYB painted so I'm not going to do anything with it now. My body and paint shills are horrible and anything I do will only make it worse.

The previous owner (Vietnam Vet) of my 300 got artistic with a scrape. I took the helicopter off when I bought the car and then had it painted a year later.

IMG_20130530_170356_zpsfa2d7033.jpg

The previous owner (Vietnam Vet) of my 300 got artistic with a scrape. I took the helicopter off when I bought the car and then had it painted a year later.

IMG_20130530_170356_zpsfa2d7033.jpg

That is very creative and looks cool.

I'll need a squadron of choppers for the NYB!

It actually looked better in person.

I had taken the helicopter off and at the first cruise night I went to, the guy next to me was looking for it on the car to show his friends.

Notice something about the Road Wheel? No argent paint. It's like that on two of the wheels.

Unfortunately, the two wheels aren't on one side, I'd leave them that way if they were. I have to either paint two or remove the paint from the other two and see if the chrome is good enough underneath.

Notice something about the Road Wheel? No argent paint. It's like that on two of the wheels.

Unfortunately, the two wheels aren't on one side, I'd leave them that way if they were. I have to either paint two or remove the paint from the other two and see if the chrome is good enough underneath.

All of my road wheels are like that..I strip off the paint and they look better this way. Can't have enough chrome!

Easier to paint them Argent. Usually the chrome doesn't look very good after removing the paint. Mine didn't.

I agree with Bob, I also dont like the all chrome look on them, I like the argent or body color in the center

I agree with Bob, I also dont like the all chrome look on them, I like the argent or body color in the center

Yes, and I don't like RWLs with road wheels...it is what it is, tastes vary.

The chrome wasn't very good on my NYB set and looked great with the Argent paint.

The set I just got for the Newport (from Carlisle) are painted Argent and look very good....I'm going to leave them alone.

Is that not a c body trim ring?

The previous owner bought those in Carlisle from one of those guys that sell generic trim rings. They look good (to me) and are in great shape. I never really matched them up with a C body trim ring, so I can't tell you the difference.

I've never been a fan of RWLs myself, but they look OK with this combo. The alternative is turning them around for a black wall and that may happen one of these days. I have one front tire with a bulge in the sidewall that should be replaced. That might get me started....

Thanks John, 99.99 % of the people will never detect thats not a C body ring, if its not. It looks fine........

I have always maintained the RWL look depends on the car and the direction you are taking it.

DSCF0572.jpg

DSCF0572.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back