For Sale WTB C body

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the opinion of SOME (including myself), many of the C-bodies, especially the slab-sided cars (1965 - 1968) seem to look BETTER as 4-doors, so that may be in your favor with them. Keep a lookout for a couple months, and something in your price range will come along. Do some research, and see some of them in PERSON to figure out what you seem most attracted to. Buying on-line sight unseen requires a strong stomach. I was able to do so, but only with plenty of input from experts on this list, and timely, expert opinion from a REALLY good Chrysler mechanic. Good luck with your search.

First off, thanks everyone for the input.
Matt, you were spot on. This will be a complicated (if fun) business of sorting out the possibilities.
Carmine--No problem! Life gets in the way easily.

I'm a bit sheepish at this point. I was out in my garage with the tape measure, and things don't size up very well for most C bodies. I had long supposed my 2.5 car garage was well set for a behemoth. But the tale of the tape shows only 218 useable inches (giving a inch away on each end). The garage is actually a good 254" or so deep, but the last three feet is a near full-width concrete riser, whereupon my tool shelves rest.

This would seem to limit me to Furies through '72 (217.2") and the '65-66 iterations of the Polara/Monaco (213.3"). With that in mind, yes, BobK, that '71 Fury of yours is in my radar.

This is a shame. I never really looked closely at the Formals as an option till Carmine dangled that magnificent NY Brougham government car. Whatta sinister ride that would be! Anyway, that's where I sit for now. Plymmies (and early slab Dodges) anyone?

th?id=OIP.Gn_Rb1yVSk-8OH7JC8bbfgHaJW&pid=15.jpg

expands your options :)

First off, thanks everyone for the input.
Matt, you were spot on. This will be a complicated (if fun) business of sorting out the possibilities.
Carmine--No problem! Life gets in the way easily.

I'm a bit sheepish at this point. I was out in my garage with the tape measure, and things don't size up very well for most C bodies. I had long supposed my 2.5 car garage was well set for a behemoth. But the tale of the tape shows only 218 useable inches (giving a inch away on each end). The garage is actually a good 254" or so deep, but the last three feet is a near full-width concrete riser, whereupon my tool shelves rest.

This would seem to limit me to Furies through '72 (217.2") and the '65-66 iterations of the Polara/Monaco (213.3"). With that in mind, yes, BobK, that '71 Fury of yours is in my radar.

This is a shame. I never really looked closely at the Formals as an option till Carmine dangled that magnificent NY Brougham government car. Whatta sinister ride that would be! Anyway, that's where I sit for now. Plymmies (and early slab Dodges) anyone?
What is the width of the garage? I've put cars on rollers, turned them around, squeezing them into some really tight spaces before. A bit of a hassle, but just a thought.

What is the width of the garage? I've put cars on rollers, turned them around, squeezing them into some really tight spaces before. A bit of a hassle, but just a thought.
I don't know, off hand, but it's pretty darned wide. Might be a bit of a to-do to re-arrange, but worth a look...

Hey dr, just set up a garage to show my Plymouth Fury III , BobK's 71 Fury

We're just gonna sit back and enjoy this thread. Watch for any Imperials to pop up.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
If you're still looking I may part with my Turbine Bronze '66 VIP 2 Dr, HDTP. 383-2v, 727 tranny, 8.75 rear. 74k miles. Numbers matching with build sheet. Very nice driver, or easy restoration. All of the exterior and interior trim is there and in good condition. No holes in the floors, rockers, or trunk. $6000.00

1966 VIP 2.jpg

1966 VIP 1.jpg

Neo, I am still "looking," though, as you see by my initial post, I won't actually be able to pull the trigger till May. Yours looks terrific! Can you tell me a little more about it? What does it need in the way of body/paint work, interior, mechanicals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back