WTF... Carlisle for the well heeled...

I'm trying to wrap my head around the market for these.

Is this just supposed to be a summer home? A place for people that bring multiple cars to the shows? Year round for retired guys with car collections that don't have to live near their jobs?

Near me, they built a pile of houses & condos near a boat marina. Almost no one that bought a house bought a slip, or even owned a boat. I guess some like the thought that one day, maybe. This is just a different angle concocted to unload some real estate at inflated prices, that probably has no market otherwise.

At one time Masland's was the biggest employer in the Carlisle area. 18 people who worked there died during WW2.

So you guys wouldn't want to pay a mortgage and and additional $500-1000/month for HOA/grounds maint fees, etc????? They also forget to tell you that right behind the Masland's factory site is the beginning of the worst section of town, crime is rife over there.
I'm not the one...

Building next to the "projects" is very common down here... they usually put up a wall or privacy fence to fool the residents they are protected and separated.

They have a lot of condo's with boat slips around my house on tbe Chesapeake Bay. The well healed live there and its hard to get one because they are in big demand always. I've noticed a lot of these type of Condo's popping up in Ocean City, MD too.

Much of the Jersey shore is Condo / townhouse central. It is more money efficient for the builder and the buyer. The town makes out on taxes and it is generally a good use of land.

I would think that the "pinky finger tea toters" they're trying to attract would be better served towards Hershey, our somewhere in between.

How are you gonna put a lift in one of those basement garages. Besides if you can afford one of these you probably have a "guy" that works on your stuff for you.

Or appreciation rates.
The investor types can wreck a hobby for a while.
I've seen cars go through Barrett-Jackson that were purchased in the middle of the collector car boon later sell for much less more realistic amount.

But they can talk about car waxes until the sun comes up.
I know a few like that. Most of my car friends are in 1 of 2 extremes. 1) Wax on/wax off. 2) Hoarders. Constantly buying scrap or non running cars for that one day project. Never start on a single project other than collecting parts.

They have a sign up now, that is where that place is going - the Masland's old property. I don't quite understand it, the younger guys don't often go to the shows like us middle and older aged guys do so IMO the shows will continue to decline in attendance. I sure hope I turn out to be wrong.

Skrooooo That I WANT A CAR VAULT!

Atlanta.Car.Vault.jpg

The car vault is large enough to hold 30 vehicles and has an entrance designed to be concealed by a waterfall.

At here for a bargain price!

This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’

:icon_fU:

They have a sign up now, that is where that place is going - the Masland's old property. I don't quite understand it, the younger guys don't often go to the shows like us middle and older aged guys do so IMO the shows will continue to decline in attendance. I sure hope I turn out to be wrong.
Not a long time show goer... is the attendance really on the decline? I do understand there can be an ebb and flow tied to economic reasons for events like this. I had been under the impression the Chrysler event was in growth, sorry I don't really care so much about the others as I won't attend anytime soon.

The Chrysler show always does well and has grown or stayed with the previous years numbers.
I believe the Ford and Corvette shows also do very well.
The other shows struggle . The Fall and Spring swaps have declined dramatically. I recall 35 years ago at my first Carlisle event and many years after the turnpike exit at 16 was backed up. Once you got to the exit it took you an hour to get to the fairgrounds

Not a long time show goer... is the attendance really on the decline? I do understand there can be an ebb and flow tied to economic reasons for events like this. I had been under the impression the Chrysler event was in growth, sorry I don't really care so much about the others as I won't attend anytime soon.

I'm sure it is. Nothing to do with a fat or broke economy. The swap meets near me (Louisville) have dried up. Many vendors will tell you the meets are a waste. Just sell on the net, don't rent a booth, carry a truckload of parts, and park your tail all weekend to hear someone beat your price down & carry everything back fun. The Street Rod Nationals now include all year cars. Before it was something like 1948 and earlier. The crowds are getting smaller.

The specific shows Chysler, Ford, Chevy are thriving. To me the spring and fall shows are more like giant swap meets than car shows. I've been to Hershey a couple of times too and was quite surprised how big it was.

The GM show is a fail. They cant get that rolling. It has been floundering since its inception

The fall and Spring shows are swaps and cars for sale, no show.
Hershey is the same except Saturday they have a show but by then most of the vendors have gone.

I've only been to the Chrysler and the Corvette Carlisle shows and they both are huge. The Chrysler show has more vendors and the Corvette show has more cars. I'm told that the Ford one is pretty big too, but the Spring and Fall shows aren't doing as well as they once were.

The Chevy show was the all GM show and I've heard it has been not doing well. I see that morphed into a Chevy show last year, so you know they are trying different things to get the people in the gates. IIRC, that show started out as a Camaro only show, but I could be mistaken on that.

Back