My soft spot for abused '73 Gran Coupes

I did enjoy your story and accompanying pic's, from the rot I see on the black car I think parts car. The other 2 are way better to waste the time on trying to fix the black one.

How I love the 1972 / 1973 fury"s. I do think Chrysler should have put the 72 front end with the 73 back end. (Anyone able to photo shop this)?

I still think of the movie "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot" when I see one...

Rabbit.jpg

I have one good door left for a 73 NYB 4dr hardtop, the front passenger unit.

Thanks! I'm good on the right side. Left side was clipped through both doors. I have 2 good but not great doors off of a Newport, but they don't have all the nails for the trim clips. Not that it's a huge deal to put them on with a stud gun, but if someone had good doors just laying around, I'd certainly prefer to go that route. I guess that you and Samplingman both parted out gold '73 New Yorkers.

BTW, I vote for red on the S-23. That car is so straight that it would be a good candidate for black, but there already seems to be a bunch of black ones and not many red.

View attachment 144991
I've always wondered what these 73's would look like without those damned rubber titties on the bumpers. I've always liked the 73 Plymouths the titties not so much. That's why I took them off my Imperial.

They look fine, but slightly plain without them. I have a picture of one, sans guards, on my other computer. I'll post it when I get a chance.

This is a great thread. In fact, I just saw a new Gran Coupe while shopping. I didn't know they still made them!

Okay, I admit. I've been holding onto these pics for a month to see when I could use them.

IMG_4476.JPG

IMG_4477.JPG

Had no idea BMW was using that model designation. Had to go look up the definition of "coupe" and it looks like it's acceptable to put it on a four door car.

Maybe the folks at Bavarian Manure Wagon don't have a dictionary.

coupe1
ko͞op/
noun
  1. 1.
    a car with a fixed roof and two doors.
  2. 2.
    historical
    a four-wheeled enclosed carriage for two passengers and a driver.

I had 1970 PA, OH, MD car with just like that. I stripped it for parts, cut it up, and recycled it.

Anyone in this thread have or know where I can pick up a backup light lens for my ‘73 Fury III?

Usually, it's pretty easy to find parts for '73 Furys, but that's one of the tough ones. The back up lenses started falling off in the 1980's, using up all the dealer and warehouse stock, so there are no NOS ones available. You could try Murray Park, Wildcat, or keep an eye on eBay.

Back