Wyatt convinced me to destroy my 71...

There is a heavy duty starter available that was used the Hemi, med. duty trucks and BB cars. My guess is the starter had been replaced w/ the smaller starter at some point. The small starters didn't last long in BB Block applications. I had heavy duty starters in my 69 Charger 500 and Sports Fury GT, I had no starter problems w/ them.
And now you want to post a pic of the 500..... :D:D
Was that car a manual or automatic ..?

I got home today and the jacking instructions arrived from Performance Graphics in the mail. It cost only $9.00.
I would've bought through Phoenix Graphix, but they won't sell the trunk decal by itself. You have to buy the entire decal package for $165.00. Uh, no thanks.

20220326_183824.jpg

I got home today and the jacking instructions arrived from Performance Graphics in the mail. It cost only $9.00.
I would've bought through Phoenix Graphix, but they won't sell the trunk decal by itself. You have to buy the entire decal package for $165.00. Uh, no thanks.

View attachment 522409
That better have wrinkles in it after it's installed. :poke:

Done for the day. Wifey wants to go out for dinner, and so do I.
You can pm me with questions. I'll try to get back at this tomorrow.

View attachment 521209

I keep going back to this photo - nothing more needs to be said. Chrysler got every line, curve, grille texture, headlamp surround trim and more just perfect and this car says it better than any other New Yorker I have ever seen.

I have a 1971 Chrysler 300 also in GY5, Crystal Dawn Metallic (even that name is creative), and I will be doing it in the future with yours in mind every step of the way. Here is a photo of it when I bought it (rescued it from a mountain top in Colorado many years ago now)........................

1648533884618.png

There is one other 71 New Yorker that comes close to this New Yorker of Tim's that I am hoping will show up on this site again from one of our members here in the not too distant future....................................

Last edited:
I was looking at the front of the car and didn't like how the argent paint was looking, so it was time to take it off and do a quick touch up.
After removing it, laying it face down on the table I sprayed the back with some black paint to bring out the color when looking at it from the front. Then after taping off the front of the grill and scuffing up the exposed area to be painted, it got sprayed with VHT dull aluminum, which was the same color used for the bumper surrounds. 
I put this back on tomorrow after it cures overnight.
grill1.jpg

grill3.jpg
grill2.jpg
grill4.jpg
grill6.jpg
grill5.jpg
grill7.jpg
grill9.jpg
grill8.jpg

I got the grill remounted after the repaint was finished up.
grill13.jpg
grill12.jpg

I picked up a DS mirror from Manny last week that was in better condition than the one that was previously mounted. The remote control works better in this one too.
DS Mirror replacement.jpg

Put the rubber door seals and window end caps back on after clean cleaning all the parts with some laquer thinner.
Door seal DS.jpg
Door seal PS.jpg
Door seal qrtr window.jpg

I had to take some of the fender & door side moldings back off the car to remount them, as they weren't put on securely by the body shop.
Body molding DS Fender reattached.jpg

Taking a bunch of baby steps, but it's slowly going back together.

After the bumper was mounted the day it looked pretty even to the naked eye, but after doing a measurement, it was off a bit and need to be tweaked with a slight adjustment before the valance went back on.
Rear valance 1.jpg

Rear valance 2.jpg

Rear valance 3.jpg

Excellent workmanship. You can see your attention to detail is really paying off. The grill accents the hood and fender lines now. You are really nailing down the slightest details Tim.

Thanks David. I get my inspiration from you and other members on this site daily.
I just found out I got accepted....
MCACN 2022.jpeg

It's been a November event every year except in 2020, when it was cancelled due to the kung-fu flu. Hoping the snow holds off till after the show.

I got the grill remounted after the repaint was finished up.
View attachment 524518View attachment 524517
I picked up a DS mirror from Manny last week that was in better condition than the one that was previously mounted. The remote control works better in this one too.View attachment 524519
Put the rubber door seals and window end caps back on after clean cleaning all the parts with some laquer thinner.
View attachment 524520View attachment 524521View attachment 524522
I had to take some of the fender & door side moldings back off the car to remount them, as they weren't put on securely by the body shop.
View attachment 524523
Taking a bunch of baby steps, but it's slowly going back together.

Really gorgeous, Tim. Very envious!

The pinstripes got put back on the 71 Nyer this afternoon. Really nice guy who's been doing great work for 40 years.
Here's a pic of the car before the stripes.....
prep for PS4.jpg

and some of the finished results.....

pinstripe7.jpg

pinstripe5.jpg

pinstripe4.jpg

pinstripe3.jpg

pinstripe 10.jpg

The addition of the pinstripes completely changes the look of the car.

Cleaned up the arm rest bases today, primered and then sprayed with chrome paint. Not sure if I like them, as the chrome spray isn't as brilliant as the OEM finish. Gotta think about it, but I may contact ABC for the re-popps.
Arm rest base 1.jpg

Arm rest base 2.jpg

Arm rest base 3.jpg

Cleaned up the arm rest bases today, primered and then sprayed with chrome paint. Not sure if I like them, as the chrome spray isn't as brilliant as the OEM finish. Gotta think about it, but I may contact ABC for the re-popps.
View attachment 525903
View attachment 525904

View attachment 525905

The ones that are actually chromed look fantastic and I would definitely spring for some from ABC Moparts, especially for your jewel. There is no comparison between trying to substitute chromed spray painted ones in place of actual chromed ones.

Back