Yearlong E body project

stop listening to can't flip and get on the train:steering:
Drums will be fine for another year... I wouldn't discourage a change to an available factory system or even an aftermarket upgrade system. No mix and match required for this car.

BTW... she is looking sharp Matt

Thanks gents!

It'll definitely be at the museum show with my dad and I. I may not be able to have the Imperial there this year though because I don't think my dad should drive his old Challenger alone. The year before last I dropped it off to him on Friday night and he took it to the show himself and I was able to take the Imp..

Looking GREAT Matt, how's she sound? Been a long time coming, I hope she's doing well!
Not sure how it sounds yet. I hit a couple of snags yesterday and had to re-seal the trans pan gasket and then discovered that 1 of the rear axle seals is wasted so I need to fix that before moving it over to in front of the overhead door so I can start it. Hopefully today.

Drums will be fine for another year... I wouldn't discourage a change to an available factory system or even an aftermarket upgrade system. No mix and match required for this car.

I was jokingly talking to Wollfen who seemed to be on the keep the drum brakes train you have been on not that they aren't fine for another year or whatever Matt decides to do :poke:

I was jokingly talking to Wollfen who seemed to be on the keep the drum brakes train you have been on not that they aren't fine for another year or whatever Matt decides to do :poke:
Oh well... You know I really like improved things and safety items... the issue I have when changing from discs for so many cars is the mix and match and hope it works stuff. I would consider it myself if I had an obsolete, difficult brake system that needed love. I just don't see it as the only option or even a guaranteed improvement. Matt's E has all the options in the world to go that way, if he chooses...

I am 100% for anyone enjoying their car or making it safe to operate. I can't say I am all the way for or against disc conversions... I just hope they turn out well.

Well dammit! There's no way it'll be ready for the trip. It runs, sounds great, has good oil pressure but there's still way to much to do and not enough time to do it. I've been working 12+ hours a day 7 days a week on this project and client work(and the Imperial because it was plan B the whole time). There's still more assembly, a missing piece for the 3 speed wiper conversion, it still needs to be taken to an alignment shop on a trailer, not to mention I would have wanted at least another week to drive it around locally before a 2,000 mile trip and we're leaving in 4 days.
I will say this though, I'm not at all disappointed to be taking the Imperial on this trip as it really is a far superior car(sorry Challenger).
I will start a trip thread.

Back