Yet another Vintage yard crushing out (worst ever)!!!!!!!!!

I will try to find out.
It’s in the front row of cars to go first.
The problem is that the scrap company doesn’t want anymore cars leaving to collectors now that the word is out there crushing.
A full sized American car weighs between 4-5000 lbs.
$300-$400 tops at scrapyard.
Guys are offering double that cash for cars and their being told
NO??????
I have my eye on this 59 Pontiac star chief.
I will be going back to help a friend pick up some of the cars
he already paid for.
I will take more pics and what I can workout.

View attachment 580316
Don’t bother on my account, it really makes No sense for me to try to save parts from across the country. This just pisses me off!

When you consider the damage reviving these cars could do to our environment (not just exhaust, but all the carbon expended in restoration) plus the need for steel to jump start the Chinese economy, this is probably all for the best.

Are there any E's at all?

I'm close enough that if one was available I would come down and get it.

Are we all truly cut off from purchasing anything in there. Do the owners have no say in it? How can they turn down double the purchase price?

No Es or serious 70s muscle cars of GM or ford either.
I think they left before I got there?
But then again I only wandered 35% of yard.
It’s not logical but they are saying NO to double scrap.????
When I go back with my friend to help him pick up some cars that he bought awhile back I will take more pics.
Picking up these 2 dodges

DF0CC589-836A-4683-9EAF-B24E0AF5EA14.jpeg

E2356933-3017-45BB-8E48-2BCDDA2702F5.jpeg

These fools don’t understand the a grille, trim, amd fenders weigh nothing compared to the hulk of the car.

they couldn’t be bothered by this. They need to get done and move on to the next yard.

I feel your pain, 2 more yards closed and crushed here. Fortunately one would sell at crush price, or better depending on the vehicle. He got sick of the dept of health fines. I don't mind seeing rusty junk going, but that dry Cali metal is just plain sad.
I'm not much for A's but a good builder shouldn't be crushed. So another waits it's turn.
20230204_133802.jpg

I spoke with the people in charge today. There putting a hold on the crushing of anything vintage for the moment.
I’m going back down there soon and will take more pics.
When I was there I saw 4 69 Plymouths and I understand that there are several more C bodies that I didn’t see the first time.
When the dust settles I will let you guys know what’s available

The problem with these type of situations, and I have seen quite a few in 40 years as a land development consultant, is that the old guy dies, and the kids (who have not said a word to him for the past 35 years cause he is a nut job scrapper) all parade into town, check out the value of the land and each run to a lawyer to make sure "their" interests are protected. No one comes up with a plan to maximize benefits to the estate, they want as much $ as they can in as short a period of time as possible. That means get rid of the metal, pray it passes an environmental audit, and get a "for sale" sign on it. Pretty sad, but happens all the time. Cam Shaft

PS: I would love to have that big freaking grain hopper or water tank or whatever it is. What a piece of yard art!

Sgt Fury: any chance you can grab this bad boy and ship it up to me in Canuckland? I will pay the shipping, it should fit in a flat rate box. C Shaft

Big tank..JPG

That pretty much nails it.
I’m the perfect person to help them liquidate the yard without crushing the vintage iron.
I could find good homes for some of these cars. It would take some time and coperation.
I fear time will run out and cars will be doomed.

That is a pretty cool looking piece of iron
Sgt Fury: any chance you can grab this bad boy and ship it up to me in Canuckland? I will pay the shipping, it should fit in a flat rate box. C Shaft

View attachment 583714

No one comes up with a plan to maximize benefits to the estate, they want as much $ as they can in as short a period of time as possible. That means get rid of the metal, pray it passes an environmental audit, and get a "for sale" sign on it. Pretty sad, but happens all the time. Cam Shaft

You'd do the same for quick cash? 99% of everybody else would too, cars or not!

No, I don't think everyone is like that, Stubby. I have had many situations where people can see intrinsic value and are willing to be a little patient. The whole world is not idiots, although sometimes while watching the news, it might seem that way! C Shaft

No, I don't think everyone is like that, Stubby. I have had many situations where people can see intrinsic value and are willing to be a little patient. The whole world is not idiots, although sometimes while watching the news, it might seem that way! C Shaft
What you say, and what you do are two different things! Most people don't have the time to deal with the crap so in the trash it goes!

When you consider the damage reviving these cars could do to our environment (not just exhaust, but all the carbon expended in restoration) plus the need for steel to jump start the Chinese economy, this is probably all for the best.
I know you're kidding, but unfortunately there are too many (one is too many) commies in both of our countries that "think" just like that, some are even on this site.

Back