You guys remember these days?

dieseldazzle

Reaction score
They love it!

D90D5B0E-8633-43D6-8F50-40C8E726A109.jpeg

when i was that age the best hiding spot was when the under that bench seat folded down

but that was with about a '85 chevy caprice station wagon

Last edited:
I still think about when I was a kid riding in my friends parents car, was like an early 90s Chevy cavalier wagon in the back. There is what looks like an early 70 Plymouth wagon driving around the streets in my little town now and again. I would buy a wagon if I could

Hell ya... that brings back some great memories of my parents yellow / wood grain 76 Town and Country. I loved that back seat..

when i was that age the best hiding spot was when the under that bench seat folded down

but that was with about a '85 chevy caprice station wagon

Me too with the 80's Caprice; my aunt had one and I had good times exploring the back of that wagon.

I’m the youngest out of 5, born in ‘69 in Detroit and my father worked for Chrysler. I’ve got some serious seat time memories facing backwards in my youth.:thumbsup:

Sucking in all that wonderful carbon monoxide. Every kid deserves that opportunity.
I’m none the worse for it. My oldest brother used to grab the newspapers out of the back seat and toss them while standing on the bumper with my mom behind the wheel.

That brings back a ton of found memories. I do remember the fumes though, they could get intense at times because we always wanted the back window down.

I'm the youngest of 8 so the way back seat was always full.

I’m the youngest out of 5, born in ‘69 in Detroit and my father worked for Chrysler. I’ve got some serious seat time memories facing backwards in my youth.:thumbsup:

Yikes Matt! Same story but a bit older.
I’m #4 son of 5. I and #5 spent a month in the third row. Took the big summer vacation trip out west. But we spent it on our knees looking over the 2nd row seat. Looking backwards kinda made me seasick and the view of our travel trailer out back got old real quick. Plus it put us right at the rear a/c vents! The red 63 wagon in my “photo garage” was loaded.

My parents had the 67 Buick (I think it was called the Sport Wagon). Always sat on the tailgate while tossing newspapers to the houses each morning. What was neat about that car was it had those narrow windows on top of the roof with that big *** luggage rack. Wish I had that car today.

Great picture of the kids having a fun time, that's so neat!

Speaking of backseat fumes, I'm guessing it makes a big difference whether the exhaust exits straight out the back or angled to the sides? Eventually I'm getting duals for my wagon with the tips angled out the sides, my intent is to try extending them out a decent amount without looking silly.

I rode in the back of my dads 63 plymouth wagon with my little brother and my dads 70s mercury wagons. All fun times.

While I was taking the boys around the neighborhood one of the new neighbors that moved in stopped us and was loving the wagon. He then came by my house as I was tinkering with the wagon, in his own 64 impala wagon 9 passenger. It had exhaust cutouts like the max wedge cars and he had them uncapped. The boys loved it! Me, I hatedd to hear his replacement smogger 350 with open exhaust but it was a valiant effort and the kids dig it lol

Back