Your first car

It would be impossible to get a picture of my first car since it was 1969. It was a Black 1959 Ford Galaxie 500, 2 Dr.

1948 Packard Station Sedan, (woody station wagon). 56K miles, original old lady owned. She bought a new Cadillac in 53, parked the Packard in the garage. I bought it in 1964 with 56K miles on it for $85.00 and had to pay $5.00 for a used battery. Drove it 70 miles home.

48 packard.jpg

Can't find any pic's but I had a 77 Chevy Vega wagon, after I killed the aluminum 4cyl I swapped in a 76 Buick 231 V6.

Confirmation @ 10 years old
Freshman Baseball @ 14 years old
First car show with me at the wheel @16 years old
SCAN0012.JPG
5-81.jpg
SCAN0018.JPG

What, they didn't have cameras where you grew up?:poke: My pic was from 69.
Unfortunately what did not get destroyed when my parents house burnt up in 1978, my first wife destroyed when we got divorced in 1996. The only ones I have are ones my brothers and sisters gave me.

the first vehicle i drove was 41 army weapons carrier , at 14 years old . first car i drove on the street to/from school was a 65 austin healey sprite ,
DSC03403.JPG
DSC04743.JPG
traded for a 66 plymouth satellite 383 4spd commando . still have parts of that car in this 27 t hotrod , running gear (engine , trans , rear end ) . sorry no pics of the sprite , didn't have it for long .

Green 74 Imperial...

Picture this one with the fiberglass header glued back together with about 2 gallons of resin and fiberglass cloth... steel wheels, never had covers for her, the fenders a bit less straight and a lot more rust. I always wanted to do more with her... but in 86 I made just enough to feed her and buy beverages I wasn't old enough for so we could cruise around and consume them.

For the life of me, I cannot recall why that seemed like such a good idea at the time.
green.jpg

Well this thread has certainly brought back some fun memories of long ago. Please indulge me for just a moment while I share a couple of pics with you guys.. this picture is of my grandmothers 1966 barracuda, powder blue with a blue and white interior as I recall, Even though I was very young I still remember the car and the accident we were in in 1969 the totaled it..
IMG_0833.JPG

The second picture was of my 68/69 road runner/satellite.. can't remember exactly which one it was. I bought this car for my girlfriend's father when I came back from Boot Camp in 1984. I had the car for a couple years and ended up selling it and buying something a little classier, or so I thought at the time, A 1978 Ford Thunderbird. I KNOW I KNOW!! I didn't know what I had and should've kept it.
IMG_0831.JPG
As to the purpose of this thread, this o'l girl was my very first car at the age of 16, 1968 Plymouth valiant, with the slant six Tower of power.. I also bought this car for my girlfriend's father for $800..it was an awful olive drab green, for lack of the correct Plymouth color. I've drove the car all through high school, even remember swapping the motor out after the original one started burning more oil and gas. Lol, I remember the replacement slant six came from an old Dodge mid engine Bell telephone van that we swapped out in auto shop.. this is also the car that I drove around southern Alabama without doors, no hood or trunk while sitting on a milk crate after getting curious one night to see how far I could take the car apart with basic tools.. lol, when I saw Zac driving is Blues Mobile around with no doors, no interior and open exhaust in another thread, it brought back those fond memories.. all the stores that o'l girl (The Car) could tell.
IMG_0832.JPG
A few months back, I reached out to the girlfriend I had back in high school when I own that car, when I left for boot camp in 1984 I gave it to her to drive, I remember the letter I got from her telling me that her mother had sold it.. long story!! I want to see if I could find out where it might be these days. All the leads were dead, as I'm sure the car is too.. thanks for the memories.

Green 74 Imperial...

Picture this one with the fiberglass header glued back together with about 2 gallons of resin and fiberglass cloth... steel wheels, never had covers for her, the fenders a bit less straight and a lot more rust. I always wanted to do more with her... but in 86 I made just enough to feed her and buy beverages I wasn't old enough for so we could cruise around and consume them.

For the life of me, I cannot recall why that seemed like such a good idea at the time.
green.jpg
That pretty much sounds like the rest of us at that age.

Last edited:
001.jpg

In 1984 an older brother gave me one of these ... 72 Lincoln Town Car with a 460 .... my mother freaked out so he took it back

amc-gremli-survivor-62k-orig-factory-purple-new-front-to-back-niceclean-1.jpg

and gave me one of these, I had it two weeks and hit a curb going too fast in the rain ... too stupid to know how lucky I was.

1975-bright-yellow-amc-pacer.jpg

my brother worked for an AMC dealer ... took that engine out of that Gremlin and put it in one of these ... played in bands ... could put the entire bands gear in the back ... bad car to drink beer in.

dogcar.jpg
this is what I drove today after I let it sit for a fe hours like this ... yesterday sunny and warm ... today this ... that's OK ... Spring is close.

My first car was in 1972. Not a real A12. It morphed from a street car to a street strip car to a full on strip only.
Racing stock class.

Bracket racing (looks like I was sandbagging a bit when this pic was taken)

Sold it after getting married the first time. Shoulda keep the car, although I'm still in the same house that the car sale made possible. Different (much better) wife though.

no pictures due to embarrassment but it looked like this:
1979+Chrysler+LeBaron+Town+&+Country+Station+Wagon.+-+1.jpg

traded it in two months for one like this:
91386090c1c0642e28d96e3d0d7752f7.jpg

30071300001_medium.jpg

73 pontiac lemans sport coupe. still have that one.

_1.JPG
this is close as i could find on the interwebs - 1982 ford bronco with a 351 windsor in it and all the emmission crap removed and a too rich 750 double on top. sittin on 33s with clarion sound system and EQ and the whole ****. if you punched it from a stoplight it would just shut off heh you had to ease into it. had it before i got my license and from there.

man the **** we did in this truck was epic. still gets talked about. 11 people sitting inside going to iron maiden show. jumping railroad tracks. going to the car races. the chicks. the parties. holy mother. we opened a shook up full keg in there while driving around and the tap came loose and flooded the inside with 40 gallons of beer or whatever. you shoulda seen it. i was driving at the moment. it was a wall of foam.

so..to summarize - my old man took it back and sold it and i was on a 10speed bike after a year or so maybe. next ride was one that I had to buy with my own coin - a primered out blacked out 1977 ford fairmont heheh.

My first car was an 18th birthday present that my father gave me, the red 1976 CK Chrysler by Chrysler SE, 318 auto.
The blue 1970 Dodge Phoenix 4-door hardtop
CK & Phoenix.jpg
(Plymouth Fury) was the first car I bought, had a 383 in it.

Back