Ziebart

C- Bodies Rock

Reaction score
Had an interesting experience today I thought I should pass along. A couple of weeks ago I bought a new car. I plan to drive it 'till the wheels fall off. My '69 Fury was treated by Ziebart and 50 years later the body is still pretty clean. I thought it would be a good idea to Ziebart my new car. I went to the local shop and told them what I wanted done. The salesman did his best to "up sell" me (he was wasting his and my time). I asked him about my car's manufacturers warranty..He pulled out a card with selected excerpts of new car's warranty showing how their warranty was worthless. I made an appointment to get the job done. I went home and took a look at the factory warranty booklet and contacted the dealership. I found the factory warranty perfectly satisfactory. I called the Ziebart shop and told them I had to cancel the appointment..I didn't say why (I wanted to avoid a 1/2 hour sales pitch). The salesman said "We charge a $35 cancellation fee"..I said "Don't even try it." and hung up...It seems their business model is the same as Midas, Monro, and all the other auto service chain stores...deceitful thieves..

The last time I used them it was more for sound deadening than additional rust protection. Hatchbacks at that time had a lot of road noise come through the back area. I drive by their HQ everyday.

Was your 69 in New York the whole time? Seems like 50 years is a pretty good testament to the product. I'd say the problem is more due to a commission based incentive package to the salesman? I agree though, unless your keeping the car past the 100k rust through warranty you may not need it.

I've got two cancerousquarters on my 2010 Challenger. 61,000 miles, I've never waxed a car so much. This appears to have rotted from the inside out or, backside out. Moisture got in there somehow. Seal it up from the underside and be done with it.

Four of my last five Polaras had undercoating . Guess which car had rot issues.

Was your 69 in New York the whole time? Seems like 50 years is a pretty good testament to the product. I'd say the problem is more due to a commission based incentive package to the salesman? I agree though, unless your keeping the car past the 100k rust through warranty you may not need it.

Yes..the old Plym has spent it's whole life in upstate NY..I don't know if the Ziebart product is as good now as it was 50 years ago..I would guess how well it is applied, is key to how well it protects..I don't have a gripe about the product..my issue is with the sales/marketing..

My Fury was Ziebart treated in late Oct 1969 just before I took delivery. The Ziebart guy was a new to the business and went crazy. He drilled I'd guess 100 plus holes to reach hidden spots and literally pumped the car full of the tar. Ech hole was capped with little bright yellow push in caps, each with a stylized Z logo. The car looked like it has chicken pox. Even the engine compartment, firewall, rad support and the underside of the hood and trunk lid. The hood was so heavy I carried a sawed off hockey stick as a prop when I need to check fluids. The car dripped, especially in the summer, this dripping continued for years. The underside was completely coated about 1/8" thick. The job cost $125.

I've got two cancerousquarters on my 2010 Challenger. 61,000 miles, I've never waxed a car so much. This appears to have rotted from the inside out or, backside out. Moisture got in there somehow. Seal it up from the underside and be done with it.

Four of my last five Polaras had undercoating . Guess which car had rot issues.
Just one more reason for the move out west Dave. :poke:

I had my 2004 Tundra crew cab blasted this year in prep for another salt ridden winter here in MA. They use fluid film.
My friend has Omni GLHS that was Ziebarted. Kind of a mess.

On BarnFinds about two years ago, there was a mediocre '75 Road Runner/Satellite that had a totally rusted rh B-pillar/rocker panel area. Seems the Ziebart applicator sealed up the vapor escape routes for that area. Moisture collected, stayed, metal rusted. It would have taken a parts car to get the parts to fix it, IF it was deemed "fixable".

The product might be good, but how it's applied is key to longevity and protection.

CBODY67

Back