1961 Plymouth Fury disk brake conversion

Glenner

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post, be gentle. I have a '61 Plymouth Fury 2 dr ht, and I'm considering a conversion from front drum brakes to front disk brakes. I'd like to use Wilwood, but after checking on their website I see they have no kit for my car. I called them and was informed that if I could find '65 Fury spindles and install them on my car, they could help me with the rest.
So, my questions are, has anyone done such a conversion on this car, do '65 spindles even fit my car, does anyone know a good source for these spindles, and does anyone have any suggestions about the whole issue?
Thanks to all your expertise. Glenn

FWDbracketandspindle.jpg

scarebird.com shows this bracket on ebay, works w your spindles but not w 14 inch wheels. may want to ck it out.John.

:welcome:......... :usflag:From Will in Alabama.
There are a couple other 61 Plymouth owners on the site here. My 61 Fury convertible and Stephs 61 fury hardtop, (check the "forward look" thread).
You might check the Forward Look forum for advice about disc conversions. There are some there that have already done it and can help you out with technical information.

Category & forums listing - The Forward Look Network

Thanks, John, Will and Kevin. I'll check out that link and I'm looking at the scarebird products. Your help is appreciated.
Glenn

There will be some one to help you on forward look with your '61 .I hope some day your '61 mine and Wills are parked next to each other at a car show . Please post some photos I would like to see it. I have a facebook page for 1961 plymouth furys

Last edited:
Hi everyone, first post, be gentle. I have a '61 Plymouth Fury 2 dyr ht, and I'm considering a conversion from front drum brakes to front disk brakes. I'd like to use Wilwood, but after checking on their website I see they have no kit for my car. I called them and was informed that if I could find '65 Fury spindles and install them on my car, they could help me with the rest.
So, my questions are, has anyone done such a conversion on this car, do '65 spindles even fit my car, does anyone know a good source for these spindles, and does anyone have any suggestions about the whole issue?
Thanks to all your expertise.
My previous '61 fury was converted to front disc brakes. If you google disc brake conversions for '61 fury you might get more imformation and were to get a kit it never hurts to try My dad had another rear end put on it with bigger rear brakes with better stopping.

i wounder if the 75 imp disc spindles would fit those control arms , it uses a arm mounted ball joint as well . hell could do rear disc's as well . need a parts car for the rest of that jazz . i've got a 64 300 k it could use disc's on it .

Back