1965 Chrysler New Yorker

Red63440

Reaction score
Is there any places on this car that are prone to problems that I should be aware of. I have located a pristine 2 door hard top which is in excellent condition according to the seller and based on the photos and several conversations it sounds like its worth a drive. I would aslo like to know what price range would be reasonable IF its as nice as he says it is. He is telling me its a 60,000 mile car with a perfect interior and exterior, always garaged in a heated garage, never driven in the winter, no wrecks or damage of any kind and its still wearing its original hoses and belts with most of the corbin clamps.

Last edited:
Is there any places on this car that are prone to problems that I should be aware of. I have located a pristine 2 door hard top which is in excellent condition according to the seller and based on the photos and several conversations it sounds like its worth a drive. I would aslo like to know what price range would be reasonable IF its as nice as he says it is. He is telling me its a 60,000 mile car with a perfect interior and exterior, always garaged in a heated garage, never driven in the winter, no wrecks or damage of any kind and its still wearing its original hoses and belts with the corbin clamps.

Do you a picture(s) of it?

I want to keep this one to myself for now but I will say its silver with a blue and white interior.

They are no more or less reliable than any others. My favorite of all the slabsides. Elegant and attractive without being over designed. They do have a few unique features such as cable shift instead of solid linkage. It isn't particularly trouble prone, but the cables are one year only and can be pricy if they break. The motor mounts are unique and hard to find. If you do an engine transplant, it is best to use a 65 dated block to avoid having to fabricate. Otherwise any little problems any of the C bodies could have like amp gauge wiring and cowl pass through wire block. Models with factory disc brakes have unique brake parts and ball joints that are both hard to find and very expensive (not only 65's).
The common areas to look for rust are: lower rear quarters both in front and behind the rear tires; Rear wheel wells around and above the skirts; trunk floor; floorboards; where the subframe attaches to the unibody and the torsion bar anchors; lower rear of the front fenders and front of the rocker panels; seam between the C pillars and trunk lid; lower edge of the rear window and C pillars and front cowl. Sounds like a lot, but unless it was a rust belt car it will most likely all be good, or have a little rust in the trunk, rear quarters behind the wheels and maybe the front floorboards. Compared to most of their contemporaries, they are tough, attractive, reliable and very inexpensive.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply, its still has the original 413 in it with the chrome dual snorkel are cleaner. All of the photos I have look great and the owner has had it for 20 years and I think he said that he waxes it every other week or so..year round.

$(KGrHqFHJEwE+glEBmVMBQV1eq!jG!~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!iYFBDsHDg0PBQV2!hsOhg~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16dHJGkE9no8iPO!BQV1dUBD-!~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16VHJHwE9n8iiIQhBQV1vIr6EQ~~60_12.jpg

Yep, I want to see more! Great color combo!

Is this silver overspray or just light reflection on the radiator ?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to want this car, any chance you giving up that contact info? Kidding of course but man I can't wait to see some more of it!

Oh man what a beautiful car, once again confirmed, I am a slab guy!

I'm not, but yeah I'll agree that car is definitely a looker, very nice indeed! That side profile shot is magnificent.

I've seen it a thousand times but each time I see a 2 door with that one loooooooooooong rear quarter stamping, it boggles my mind.

Yes , it does ........whats the length of the quarter ? 10 ft?

If I havent done so yet Red63440, let me welcome you the board ....Better get it before someone else does.

Thank you for the reply, its still has the original 413 in it with the chrome dual snorkel are cleaner. All of the photos I have look great and the owner has had it for 20 years and I think he said that he waxes it every other week or so..year round.

Don't want to start a rucus or burst your bubble, but the misalignment of the digits in the odometer picture, tells me that car has rolled the odo over at least once. So unless your seller has maintenace receipts that track the mileage of the car, as good as this car looks in the pictures, I would proceed on the basis of the car having 160k on it and not 60.

Don't want to start a rucus or burst your bubble, but the misalignment of the digits in the odometer picture, tells me that car has rolled the odo over at least once. So unless your seller has maintenace receipts that track the mileage of the car, as good as this car looks in the pictures, I would proceed on the basis of the car having 160k on it and not 60.

I have heard that story for years, but only repeated from person to person over at toolbox or cup or coffee. Does anyone have any documented proof concerning the odometer, or is this just an old wives tale. I have seen odometers that looked like that for as long as I can remember, even when the cars were new. In fact I haave owned cars that were perfectly straight at 10000 miles, crooked at 12000 miles then straight again at 13000.... By the way, the rear quarter is 102 inches from the back of the door to the end over the back bumper.

I just fired off an email to the owner asking if he has documentation for the mileage such as service records.

Yes , it does ........whats the length of the quarter ? 10 ft?

If I havent done so yet Red63440, let me welcome you the board ....Better get it before someone else does.

Thank you and I am workin on it.....

$(KGrHqNHJCUE+hPv6NCJBQV1tz32rQ~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16FHJIIE9qTYI45WBQV1u)IH4Q~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16VHJFoE9nh6oVUrBQV1g,Wo3!~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16FHJHQE9nzEyH)hBQV1cuYH9Q~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16hHJHEE9ny2tlIGBQV1c7gWdg~~60_12.jpg

Last edited:

I would disagree. The odo reads 60xxx. So the leading 6 has just moved into position when the car rolled over 59999. When it turns 61000 the 6 will likely nudge into line. That how just about every mechanical odometer in any car I owned behaved.

Back