1965 Fury 318 Poly to 1969 440 swap how-to?

duanegatrel

Reaction score
Hello. First thread question.

I know it's been done before. I'm planning on swapping out my 318 poly for a 1969 440. I just want to know what the motor mount details are, as the 1965 C-Body mounts were "special". I'm not concerned about other swap details, please.

Rockauto lists the same mounts for 361, etc., but I'm not sure it is correct, because the mount pictures all look the same, which doesn't help.

Thanks for the info everyone, if you know.

And your car is?........
You need the Schumacher SB to BB conversion kit.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Last time I talked with Schumacher, they didn't have it. It's not a typical v-8 to v-8 swap, because of the 1965 c-body "special" driver's side one-year only motor mount.

Both mounts might have to be fabricated. On the BB '65's they were VERY similar to the BB Dart mount in that they bolt to the front ear AND around to the front of the block where the boss is tapped for two bolts. Some BB block don't have this boss cast into the block. You would have to check yours. To make mounts that bolt to the factory ears would be extremely difficult due to the location of the steering box.

ref383motormount-1.jpg

ref383motormount-1.jpg

I am not totally sure if the front sub frame was the same from the SB to BB so i hope someone chimes in.

The '65 was a one year only in where the steering box is and other things were located making it very tough to know if other year C-body parts interchange.

I have a BB '65 with a 361 if you would like pics. ( BTW that pic above is from a Dart and not my '65 )

Found a pic of the Tapped holes.

23731416.jpg

Also learned the the back ear was cut off on the BB darts to clear the steering box. . I will have to look at my car and check.

Also the '65 C body drivers BB mount was the one used on the BB darts (not hemi), no word on the passenger side.

pic016.jpg

23731416.jpg

pic016.jpg

Back